• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wait a second, Cam was allowed to play with torn rotator cuff?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

I wouldn't say it was a fluke because imo Cam is good enough to carry a team when he and that team find a rhythm. However, I see way too many people on here use that 15-1 season as an excuse to so many things (Cam not needing WR's, Gettleman's job security, Shula's ability to have a #1 offense). 

Cam covers up a lot of people's mistakes and saves a lot of jobs. Many of us have said how much this entire organization takes him for granted and it shows more and more each day. I mean trotting him out there with a tear in his throwing shoulder while out of playoff contention? Really? Like c'mon.

100% agreed.

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

I wouldn't say it was a fluke because imo Cam is good enough to carry a team when he and that team find a rhythm. However, I see way too many people on here use that 15-1 season as an excuse to so many things (Cam not needing WR's, Gettleman's job security, Shula's ability to have a #1 offense). 

Cam covers up a lot of people's mistakes and saves a lot of jobs. Many of us have said how much this entire organization takes him for granted and it shows more and more each day. I mean trotting him out there with a tear in his throwing shoulder while out of playoff contention? Really? Like c'mon.

This. I think last year should have been clear writing on the walls that he can't carry a team on his back EVERY year because injuries happen-to him and others around him. So when he's forcing the ball and trying to force plays, I don't understand why people get mad. Hell, he's having to carry or make up for what's lacking. Cam is the reason the offensive coaching staff have jobs, doesn't matter who does or doesn't wanna believe that. Whoever said the organization doesn't know how to handle a Cam, they're right. And no matter what people say, I wouldn't be surprised if he got the hell out of dodge the first chance he got. I probably would. 

12 minutes ago, Kakarot said:

I've kept it kind of quiet, but I feel this exact way. If there's a repeat of last year, I'd be all for getting the coaching staff outta here; as well as the huddle golden man Gettlemam as well. He sat by and let all this happen also.

Im praying Cam is ready by TC, and this doesn't linger. I hope this isn't 2014 all over again.

Yep. 

This organization is too 'old school' for someone like Cam. They're just wasting away his talents. 

Shula - run first kind of guy

Rivera - defense defense defense

DG - old school much like the owner 

If you didn't know better and had to guess who was quarterbacking our team based on the coaches in place and moves made by DG in FA and the draft, you'd guess Blake f'n Bortles. 

We have a once in a generation type QB and we bring in Charles Johnson and Russell Shepard as "weapons". It's honestly just sad.

2 hours ago, KB_fan said:

UGH.  Don't like this news re: Cam's surgery at all.  We all saw how long it took for his ankle to be right in 2014 when he was originally expected to be back at full strength for the season.   Waiting until March 30th for the surgery?  Wow. 

Especially as we will have new players on the Oline, and maybe 2 or 3 new WRs, and a RB & TE (hopefully Howard!) we're trying to break into the offense in big roles, Cam's not being able to throw during OTAs is a pretty big deal.

Dang.  It was such an exciting free agency, and now this.  Don't like it at all.

So how soon do the calls to draft a QB at #8 begin?!?!?!  (just kidding... but with Cam's injuries and DA being on the final year of his contract, I think...) I suddenly wouldn't rule out us drafting a developmental QB in the later rounds!

How about this guy in the 6th round?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/josh-dobbs?id=2558167

BOTTOM LINE

Dobbs is hardly incompetent as a passer, but he hasn't shown as much growth with his ball placement and accuracy as scouts had hoped to see from this former four-star prospect. Dobbs has decent size and is an outstanding runner outside the pocket which could appeal to a team looking for a developmental quarterback with play-making ability.

21 minutes ago, truthjuice said:

But we were only homers, being overprotective and bitching. 

Or or or...were Cam nut huggers, only team Cam!!!!

The excuses many on here made for why Cam played, or why Luke sat & Cam played is quite comical now. Both should've sat those last few games. Lol @ people saying Cam decided to play. Rivera is in charge, and should've sat Cam. If Rivera didn't make the call, then Gettleman should've demanded Rivera sit him. Let's just hope he's ok for TC and this doesn't linger.

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

I hate to think he kept playing in a lost season, and everyone here knows, I wouldn't hesistate to call out the staff for stupidity, but having thought about it, my guess is Cam made the decision.

Did Cam make the decision to sit and not start because he didn't wear a tie?

8 minutes ago, Kakarot said:

Or or or...were Cam nut huggers, only team Cam!!!!

The excuses many on here made for why Cam played, or why Luke sat & Cam played is quite comical now. Both should've sat those last few games. Lol @ people saying Cam decided to play. Rivera is in charge, and should've sat Cam. If Rivera didn't make the call, then Gettleman should've demanded Rivera sit him. Let's just hope he's ok for TC and this doesn't linger.

Oh yeah. Saying the concussion was worse, but if your quarterback had a partially torn rotator cuff on his THROWING arm, what good is he? Now some of those same ones are either saying Cam made the decision or mad that the surgery is taking place this deep into the offseason lmao. 

Like I said, I don't think it's that bad because if so, I'm sure it would've required immediate attention. I think the treatment plan Ryan Vermillion talked about makes sense bc it's done like that a lot. But Cam does not call the shots at BOA. If Rivera KNEW he has a torn rotator cuff, he should've been benched. He would've pouted and sulked and had an attitude and probably whined to his girlfriend and mama, but he would've been okay. 

i think he will be fine for training camp though. Fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

But that's my point LG...  You know, I'm not only a diehard fan of the team, but a huge fan of Cam as an individual.  So, I'm not blaming him.  I'm saying he likely did what any player would have done.  They want to play.  When I say "I hate to think he kept playing through an injury in a lost season," i mean to acknowledge he likely made the decision to play, but also that he shouldn't have been allowed to make that decision...  as we often see with players who may or may not have suffered a concussion wanting to go back in, if all else fails, someone hides their helmet to keep them from doing so.  The staff failed, yet again, in this instance.

I replied to your previous post which wasn't as full of an explanation as the above.

Thanks for the above.  Makes perfect sense and I agree 100%.  I retract my previous snark. :P

3 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

That guy's a real gem. 

http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2013/4/22/4251626/san-diego-chargers-doctor-david-chao-has-chaotic-past

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/06/19/chargers-doctor-chao-hospitals-barred-surgery/2439715/

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/columnists/kevin-acee/sd-sp-chao-0106-story.html

Okay, that pretty much sums up that the Panthers aren't the absolute worst team in the NFL when it comes to medical decisions. LOL!

Archived