• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wait a second, Cam was allowed to play with torn rotator cuff?

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Cam's shoulder injury happened again San Diego. That was December 11, well into the season is lost territory.

Why exactly was Cam allowed to play?

I might be wrong (I ain't no doctor), but with some injuries like that they can't get any worse, so you can choose to just play through the pain.

Might this be one of those cases?

Good question... Cam probably told them he could go and if it was a small tear I could understand letting him play and keeping an eye on it. It seemed to get progressively worse and by the last game of the season (where he threw multiple picks) you could tell he was hurting and couldn't put any zip on the ball so I have no idea why they allowed it to progress to that point and why they kept him in that game???

Our trainer (RV) is considered one of the best in the business so if he cleared him to play I can live with that - but just because he is medically cleared doesn't mean the coaches should leave him out there when he's obviously hurting and unable to drive the ball. 

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Cam's shoulder injury happened again San Diego. That was December 11, well into the season is lost territory.

Why exactly was Cam allowed to play?

Either the above or the fact that ever since Cam was drafted, Rivera and (for a shorter time) Shula have sacrificed his body and health to try to protect their jobs.

But that's the pessimists view (but it doesn't mean it couldn't be true).

I might be wrong (I ain't no doctor), but with some injuries like that they can't get any worse, so you can choose to just play through the pain.
Might this be one of those cases?

Having any injury makes it more likely you are injured elsewhere. While the tear maybe could not have gotten worse, it could have cause other issues as his body tried to compensate for the pain.

UGH.  Don't like this news re: Cam's surgery at all.  We all saw how long it took for his ankle to be right in 2014 when he was originally expected to be back at full strength for the season.   Waiting until March 30th for the surgery?  Wow. 

Especially as we will have new players on the Oline, and maybe 2 or 3 new WRs, and a RB & TE (hopefully Howard!) we're trying to break into the offense in big roles, Cam's not being able to throw during OTAs is a pretty big deal.

Dang.  It was such an exciting free agency, and now this.  Don't like it at all.

So how soon do the calls to draft a QB at #8 begin?!?!?!  (just kidding... but with Cam's injuries and DA being on the final year of his contract, I think...) I suddenly wouldn't rule out us drafting a developmental QB in the later rounds!

Archived