• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers biggest weakness as of today....

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, SCP said:

We have many weaknesses IMO. OT, WR, DE, RB, Kicker, Punt Returner, and offensive coordinator. Shula is a f**king scrub. And we still don't know how Wilkes will call a game. Other than that I'm pumped.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

All of these needs sans Shula will be addressed next month. 

7 hours ago, Bronn said:

Right now, it is Johnson (under-performing for a while IMHO,) Addison (overachieving because he's been rotational,) Peppers (not a full time starter now,) Horton (rubber-banded with us, good against the run, but not a pass rusher,) Delaire (rotational, shown flashes but nothing in stone yet,) and Webster (meh.)

We need a good, young, solid starter, or at least two more rotational guys that bring different tools to the table. I still wish we'd look at Devin Taylor if we go the latter route.

In a dream scenario we could get Myles Garrett. In a good scenario, we'd get Solomon Thomas. In an okay scenario, we'd trade down in the first and get Barnett or one of the third tier DE/OLB hybrids that specialize in pass rush situations. Ultimately, I think we'll get a later round guy like Kpassagnon to roll the dice a bit and hope we can mold him into an every down starter.

But, we have a strong roster on paper, and DE is just the biggest weakness to me.

OT I think we have uncertainty in, only because the jury is out on what is gonna happen with Oher, and how Matt Kalil will pan out. I'm optimistic that Kalil will do well, so I don't think this trumps the DE need.

WR I think we're fine with. We signed two guys that I think will come in and take over the slot work immediately and who could actually push Funch a bit. I'd hope Benji has had a stern talking to by now and that he'll be ready to play again this year. We could take a gamble on a later round guy, but I think we're fine, especially considering that outside those top 4 (Benji, Funch, Johnson, Shephard) we still have Bersin, Byrd, and even Garrett that have familiarity with our system. Now, if Williams or Davis is BPA or happen to fall into our laps at 40, then, yeah, we'll take them.

Until we cut Dickson, we're okay at TE solely because Olsen is elite. If we have plans to cut Dickson or want to give him some competition, there are plenty of good ones that can be had in the third round (or first or second, depending on how the chips fall.)

SS is a need because I think the Adams signing was just a depth/vet/Boston insurance move and that we're seriously looking at getting younger with Jamal Adams if he's there in the first, or one of the later first/early second guys (Baker, Melifonwu.) This draft is stacked at S, though, so we could get one in the 5th or later that would be an upgrade/project for us.

RB depth we're okay with, but Stewart's deal expires after this season. Even if we don't cut him this year, I think most can agree, at this point, that Fozzy or CAP isn't the eventual starter. If a good RB prospect is on the board in the first three rounds, we'll take him.

LB depth is scarier to me than a lot of people here are letting on. We have TD (aging,) Luke (noggin',) and Shaq as our starters. Mayo is gonna be a good backup in the middle, and Norris and Blechen have shown promise. But we need more depth here pretty bad, and someone to groom as eventual starters (which, outside of Mayo, I don't know that we have.) I really think we could pick Reuben Foster, Hasaan Reddick, or Zach Cunningham if they slide a bit.

Outside of a couple unproven guys, we have nobody at FB. Sure it is a fading position in today's offenses, but our offense could use a good one in certain formations. We could take a late round flyer, or hope someone like Zach Line is still on the market after the draft.

Most of our biggest needs are needs due to depth or uncertainty, which is actually a good thing when you think about it.

Barnett is the pick at 8 today in Bucky Brooks latest.  Casserly has it as well.  Perhaps only me and GMan feel it's the best of all scenarios, but I still do and still feel GMan does as well.

SCP though, how can an OC look good when the offensive line can't fuging block

I'm just over Shula and unfortunately there is no reasoning with me on this. Right or wrong my ship has sailed on that guy. Call it a personal bias.

As the free agency dust has settled I've gone from excitement because we haven't been players in years to a more subdued enthusiasm. The moves Dave made should make the team better, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Now with the 2 rookies having a year under their belts and bringing Captain back for the nickel, I'm not that worried about CB (although I think we still need some addition).

Peppers and CJ coming back hard to say DE, but damn we need a young stud DE for sure... that is high up there.

WR is definitnely a big hole and so is Strong Safety... a backup RB....not mention LT....geeeeez....

I'm going with Strong Safety, for now.

Oh, ye of little faith... 

I really think a lot of you are shorting Shephard and Charles Johnson. We just got the guys and a lot of you are ready to write them off as failures.

Also, if Shula pulls his head out of his ass, Benji and Funch can be solid threats again. 

We're not as bad off at WR as some of you portray.

Archived