• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers have gotten...

Jeremy Igo

19 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

The Panthers finished last in the division with 6 wins while only winning 1 game in the division for a reason.

The Panthers have yet to address the 2 biggest weaknesses that led to their 2016 downfall. They can strengthen the rest of the team all they want, but until they fix the 2 major weaknesses, opposing teams will easily avoid the Panthers strengths and be in every game (if not carrying the lead) going into the 4th quarter.

im kinda new to the panthers (pro football in general). what two problems are you referring? is shula play calling one of them?

LT is a major question mark but OL depth overall has improved. Secondary is vastly improved with a years' worth of experience for the young CBs. Not much else has changed.

I'd say we are marginally better than we were last year but it all really hinges on Kalil's health and play at LT.

1 hour ago, Panthero said:

sorry didn't realize you were talking about them and not me. my fault. 

I got that. No problem. Just saving you from a worthless conversation.

Play calling is a frequent topic here, though I think there's equal or more issue with play design.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I got that. No problem. Just saving you from a worthless conversation.

Play calling is a frequent topic here, though I think there's equal or more issue with play design.

cool. thanks for the response. so is your meaning by play design, things like formations and pesonnel groupings? or general gameplan (i.e. ways to exploit the other teams wraknesses). 

31 minutes ago, Panthero said:

cool. thanks for the response. so is your meaning by play design, things like formations and pesonnel groupings? or general gameplan (i.e. ways to exploit the other teams wraknesses). 

Route design is a big deal.

Watch the design of the routes on a Saints play. Then watch the Panthers.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Route design is a big deal.

Watch the design of the routes on a Saints play. Then watch the Panthers.

got it. thanks man. one last annoying newb question, do you need a certain minimum of posts to start threads (to keep the trolls under control) or is it a premium member thing? 

I've read and heard from numerous pundits that Cam is not a rhythm or anticipation thrower. Would that not also play a part in the types and combination of routes Shula can call if Cam is not comfortable making certain throws? Not to mention trusting the receivers to run more complicated routes or heaven forbid an option route where Cam and the receiver have to read the defense the same way.

Archived