• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers have gotten...

Jeremy Igo

19 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I definitely like Gettleman, and approve of most of his moves, but our complacency with the kicker position should be a concern for all Panthers fans.

All I can do at this point is hope that it works out. I know people are basically blaming Gano's suckage last season on a nagging foot injury, but he's been missing basic kicks, and extra points all along. And some of those kicks in 2016 it wouldn't have mattered if he only had one foot and a peg leg, he was flat out shanking kicks. He's a good guy, but I fear we are simply putting off the inevitable at this point.

His sympathy post and picture online as he was recovering from surgery was also a lame attempt at drumming up support from anyone with a clue.

I think we're significantly better than post Norman pre draft last year.  And I expect our draft class to be significantly better than last year's (obviously our picks are higher and we have two 2nds).  And hopefully we don't spend our 1st this year on a bench warmer. 

All the FAs we have signed are an improvement in some way. Shep helps special teams and CJ2 is better than Philly (to me). Pep and CJ being back is better than Kony. Captain is a huge improvement at nickel. I also feel like Kalil is an improvement. Playing with his brother will help him out a lot, especially from a mental standpoint. Our FA isn't an A+ but we did improve. 

The secondary is definitely better. All other areas are about where they were last year. Of course, one has to keep in mind that last year's starting units had that Super Bowl loss hanging over their heads and they never got a chance to gel together as a team because of the wave of injuries that began the third week of the season. Rested bodies and less mental pressure may be the biggest advantage the 2017 squad will have. Hopefully, we can capitalize.

Replaced DE Kony Ealy with Julius Peppers - UPGRADE

Replaced clot CB Leonard Johnson with Captain Munnerlyn - UPGRADE

Replaced LT Mike Remmers with Matt Kalil - UPGRADE (if healthy) ......and even if not healthy

Replaced WR Corey Brown with Russell Shepard - UPGRADE

Replaced WR Ted Ginn with Charles Johnson - DOWNGRADE

Replaced SS Michael Griffin with Mike Adams - UPGRADE

Replaced FB Mike Tolbert with Darrel Young - DOWNGRADE (maybe)

Without question we're better now, but will that plus the draft give us a team that can topple Atlanta? Our secondary going into last season was heartbreaking. This season things are much better. We're better in enough areas now that even though we still have holes we should do much better than 6-10.

Archived