• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Carolina Panthers have gotten...

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

I think the biggest upgrade is not having to deal with a Superbowl hangover that screws with us mentally

that alone is a Ginormous plus that people don't take into account on here

Anybody that has watched the NFL for more than 10 years understands. 

kids. I was all grown up at 16...

I'm going to say it's a wash for the most part.

O-Line was upgraded a bit, but that is only if Oher is healthy for 2017. If not, then we are back in the same boat.

WR - I think we can write this off as a wash as well for now, but with potential for growth. We knew what we had in Ginn and Philly. Time to see if we can develop Shepard and utilize Johnson effectively.

D-Line - you are essentially upgrading Ealy to Peppers and that is it. 

LB - Downgrade in depth. Sorry but I don't trust Mayo backing up Luke. This needs to be addressed.

CB - upgraded with the addition of Munnerlyn in the slot. Bradberry is coming into his own and it will be interesting to see how he continues. I think the jury is still out on Worley. I would like us to still add a stud CB on this loaded class to battle with Worley this camp. Competition raises the bar for players.

S - We added a veteran in Adams. Admittedly I don't know much about him and how he is in coverage. If he can cover better than Boston, then an upgrade. Still would like to add someone else here in the draft.

Special Teams - Slight upgrade with the addition of Shepard. Can he return punts too? That will be an issue with Ginn gone. Not that he ever returned the ball, but at least he caught it.

Everything else remained the same...

3 minutes ago, Jangler said:

Spending means desperate? Wow! It has taken 5 years to get out of Hurney Hell. 

Damn, now imagonna get sick.

That's a myth. We've had plenty of cap space in 14. Wasted a nice chunk of that on the Hardy franchise tag. 15 we had tons of space that was utilized to extend Cam,Luke and Kaill. 16 tons of space. Wasted a few million on Soliai (8th largest cap hit last year). Still had enough to roll over 13 million this year plus the cap has increased a ton a yearly. 

His first year the cap was at at 123 million. It's now 167 million. 

4 minutes ago, panther4life said:

That's a myth. We've had plenty of cap space in 14. Wasted a nice chunk of that on the Hardy franchise tag. 15 we had tons of space that was utilized to extend Cam,Luke and Kaill. 16 tons of space. Wasted a few million on Soliai (8th largest cap hit last year). Still had enough to roll over 13 million this year plus the cap has increased a ton a yearly. 

His first year the cap was at at 123 million. It's now 167 million. 

Okay. If Dave had the money, as he does this year, he would have used it. 

Hurney fyck ed this team up. We have been lucky to keep the players we have 

1 minute ago, SCP said:

I'm so bipolar on this roster. One minute I'm like great we've gotten better and the next minute I'm thinking we're still 3/4 in the NFCS.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Rest easy amigo.  We will still have a rested and motivated player at the most important position with skills the game has never seen before.  We won't go into what happened last year but obviously things got off on a wrong foot from week 1.  But just like neighbor and mentor Michael Jordan, ring 1 will be won in year 7.

PS-^on that note, cutting GaNO will be addition by subtraction.

Archived