• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Off Topic - salsa

Jeremy Igo

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:01 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Not Vegan, but whole foods plant based. No animal products, minimal processed food. (I allow myself corn chips)

Off all prescription meds. Down 22 pounds. More energy, sleep better. Feel 10 years younger.

Agree, it's pretty amazing.

Image may contain: text

On 3/16/2017 at 11:27 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

This is my current favorite salsa. You can get it at Teeter in the refrigerated produce section. It's addicting, seriously. We go through a tub this size every three days in our house.

45f74021afb28f03ca86e9a71d30fa69.jpg5a73c036cfb9108f2f0d7248f5988a7a.jpg

Go now, eat it, thank me later.

You just found out?  HT and Food Lion in Dilworth have it.  My 2 year old loves it more than i do.

Try Mateo's salsa and Late July tortilla chips from Costco.  Its even better 

I've been making my own salsa for years. My wife can't handle the heat so I char my jalapeños and remove the seeds. Charred tomatoes bring out the richness of the tomatoes too. If you want to try something new, try peppers that have been roasted in a smoker, peel the skins, then puree  them up and add it. Mucho tasty. I've started using oven baked tortillas instead of corn chips. It's cheaper and I can control the salt. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2017 at 6:01 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Not Vegan, but whole foods plant based. No animal products, minimal processed food. (I allow myself corn chips)

Off all prescription meds. Down 22 pounds. More energy, sleep better. Feel 10 years younger.

Agree, it's pretty amazing.

I'm really curious, what is your main source of protein? Soy? Tofu? Pea?

My biggest obstacle in converting to a plant based diet is needing 175-200 grams of protein daily.

Are you their new spokesman?   I would be more comfortable if this came from [mention=332]SCP[/mention] cause he gets around.  You vegans scare me.

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I am more of a queso expert. My favorite salsa is purchased at Costco. It's called Mateo's.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived