• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Philly Brown signs with Bills

Jeremy Igo

Just now, thomas96 said:

Voth hinted quite a bit that Philly's attitude became a problem and was the reason we didn't tender him or try to bring him back on a similar deal to Bersin's. And I guess he posted some video recently where he said stuff that sounded like DeAngelo or Smitty after their releases.

I think he actually hated being called Philly too haha...I mean if you got a nick name like that you can't fight it.

Even muscle hamster just better learn to love it.

Yea I could see him thinking he's a good WR when he's not.

3 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Voth hinted quite a bit that Philly's attitude became a problem and was the reason we didn't tender him or try to bring him back on a similar deal to Bersin's. And I guess he posted some video recently where he said stuff that sounded like DeAngelo or Smitty after their releases.

I think Bill was talking about his attitude after we didn't tender him - not before

2 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Just looked and yikes that is atrocious. Listenbee is a track star that doesn't know how to play WR and I don't even know who the others are.

Lol I know compared to them we have some serious depth. I know where they are going in the first round

1 minute ago, panther4life said:

Well it wasn't bad enough to scare McDermott away from him

McD isn't Rivera, not sure what your point is. And entirely possible it started happening in response to negotiations with DG, after McD was gone.

1 minute ago, RoaringRiot said:

I think Bill was talking about his attitude after we didn't tender him - not before

Thinking it was during or in response to negotiations, didn't make that as clear as I could have in that post.

2 minutes ago, panther4life said:

Just saying he can't be that big of a cancer if McDermott wanted him. 

Never said he was a big cancer. Just that he's a depth guy who's fairly easily replaced, and may not even be worth the low RFA tender (wasn't to DG since he wasn't tendered) so when he's not responding well to not getting tendered as well, best to let him walk.

1 minute ago, thomas96 said:

Never said he was a big cancer. Just that he's a depth guy who's fairly easily replaced, and may not even be worth the low RFA tender (wasn't to DG since he wasn't tendered) so when he's not responding well to not getting tendered as well, best to let him walk.

Your original post I quoted said we "didn't tender him because of his attitude". Just let it go, not something worth arguing over.

33 minutes ago, countryboi said:

Well we are going to really find out if Philly was an under used Gem or a JAG.

With the way we handled our WR corps this off-season he was a jag. I mean it's not like he had pro bowlers ahead of him.

I get the impression that McDermott is going to be a little stricter coach than Rivera is.
Just my speculation based on some of the stuff he's said and done since landing the Bills job. 

McDermott has to earn respect. Rivera pretty much had it immediately as a former linebacker.

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

McDermott has to earn respect. Rivera pretty much had it immediately as a former linebacker.

True, but Rivera originally came in sounding and acting like he was gonna be a hard ass, no-nonsense, "do your job or else" kinda coach.

And early on, he was.  But then we hit some adversity and his job came into question. After that, things changed.

These days, it feels like I haven't seen that guy in a while.

Archived