• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Philly Brown signs with Bills

Jeremy Igo

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him step into their Robert Woods role. Won't light the world on fire or anything but he's a solid depth player. Seemed he was starting to cause some trouble off the field though so fine with letting him go.

2 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him step into their Robert Woods role. Won't light the world on fire or anything but he's a solid depth player. Seemed he was starting to cause some trouble off the field though so fine with letting him go.

With our players? I'm not aware of anything like or were you speculating based off some tweets or something.

Just now, Fox007 said:

With our players? I'm not aware of anything like or were you speculating based off some tweets or something.

Voth hinted quite a bit that Philly's attitude became a problem and was the reason we didn't tender him or try to bring him back on a similar deal to Bersin's. And I guess he posted some video recently where he said stuff that sounded like DeAngelo or Smitty after their releases.

Bills signed WR Corey "Philly" Brown, formerly of the Panthers.

25-year-old Brown is familiar with new Bills coach Sean McDermott, whose defense had to cover Brown in practice in Carolina. Not fast enough (4.51) to profile as a dangerous deep threat or big enough (5'11/183) to win with his body, Brown is a No. 4 receiver type. In Buffalo, he will have an opportunity for immediate playing time. At present, Walt Powell, Dezmin Lewis, and Kolby Listenbee are the Bills' only other wideouts under contract behind Sammy Watkins.

2 minutes ago, Confined9991 said:

Philly is now their second best WR, by far. They also have Charles Clay, but that's it

Just looked and yikes that is atrocious. Listenbee is a track star that doesn't know how to play WR and I don't even know who the others are.

2 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Voth hinted quite a bit that Philly's attitude became a problem and was the reason we didn't tender him or try to bring him back on a similar deal to Bersin's. And I guess he posted some video recently where he said stuff that sounded like DeAngelo or Smitty after their releases.

Well it wasn't bad enough to scare McDermott away from him

Archived