• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Shepard touchdown

Jeremy Igo

35 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

I'm peacing out of the thread yo we've said what we've said....just time to wait and see.

Hope he turns into Smitty and if he does I'll write you and Saca.

If he doesn't I know yall won't(lots of excuses coming I know how it goes).

Since we haven't put a # on it...which is oddly absent from a staunch claim. If he goes 500  and 5 I'll crow it up should be easy for a "Brown floor" player.

I'm not looking for him to turn into Smitty.

All I'm looking for is for him to be better than he was, be a contributor to our team and be worth what he's getting paid.

Plenty of reasons to believe he will. If he doesn't, cest la vie.

I can't believe nobody has brought up the fact that Ted Ginn was nothing more than a ST's guy  before he came here into this debate. Is there not a more perfect example of a WR developing in the right place and system than  what he did right here in Carolina? He had also been in the league longer than Shepard when he signed with the Panthers, so who's to say that Shepard can't do the same?

11 hours ago, panthermonium said:

I know everyone loved Proehl and was like "oh, just wait 'till Proehl gets ahold of 'em and they are gonna flourish!!" but I never saw crazy improvements. Especially from our young guys. Benjamin and Funchess lack the speed to get separation so running crisp routes is so crucial.

Maybe it's more due to the route tree our offense runs..

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I did see improvement the first 2 years but last year it was non existent. Needless to say I was not shocked when he quit.

12 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

This reminds me of the game against the 9ers in 2010, David Gettis did a similar route and broke some ankles. 

Edit:

Here's a video. The route and outcome is uncanny.  

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I watched the gif. Glad I checked if anyone else mentioned it first before posting it heh. 

I remember when he came to LSU. Came with a lot of hype. I believe he was the nations top dual threat QB or something close. His LSU career never really got off the ground. He showed flashes here and there but was more of a guy that was good at a bunch but not great at anything.

He's probably still getting refined as a receiver. He's got all the athletic ability in the world. Think he'll be a good slot guy for you. Decent #3 receiver. I always root for my LSU guys, so I hope he blows up.

4 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I remember when he came to LSU. Came with a lot of hype. I believe he was the nations top dual threat QB or something close. His LSU career never really got off the ground. He showed flashes here and there but was more of a guy that was good at a bunch but not great at anything.

He's probably still getting refined as a receiver. He's got all the athletic ability in the world. Think he'll be a good slot guy for you. Decent #3 receiver. I always root for my LSU guys, so I hope he blows up.

Gonna be hard to watch fournette run all over the saints in black and blue, huh? 

Or Jamal Adams roaming the secondary 

9 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Gonna be hard to watch fournette run all over the saints in black and blue, huh? 

Or Jamal Adams roaming the secondary 

Not any harder than watching Turner pancake somebody on the interior. Or Deion Jones return a Brees pick for 6. Or watching OBJ abuse Sterling Moore. Or Jalen Collins pick off Drew. 

I root for these guys. I hope they all succeed individually. I hope, if Fournette is in black and blue, that he goes for 200 and the Saints get the W lol. Fournette and Adams are two of my more favorite LSU guys in a long time. Adams doesn't get the credit he deserved. He's quite a leader.

3 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Not any harder than watching Turner pancake somebody on the interior. Or Deion Jones return a Brees pick for 6. Or watching OBJ abuse Sterling Moore. Or Jalen Collins pick off Drew. 

I root for these guys. I hope they all succeed individually. I hope, if Fournette is in black and blue, that he goes for 200 and the Saints get the W lol. Fournette and Adams are two of my more favorite LSU guys in a long time. Adams doesn't get the credit he deserved. He's quite a leader.

I'd love to have Adams. That is my dream pick

Charles Johnson > Russel Shepard! 
If you guys don't know, you're going to know.

LOL. I want better! 

I don't see why you or anybody even waste your time talking about Johnson or Sheppard neither one will hardly be on the field. I bet u Johnson will not even make the team. Y'all waste all ur time on making these threads. They are nobody's and everyone has to get excited because this is all Gettleman will do. Never gives Cam any weapons. If I was Cam or Luke I would ask for a trade!!!!

14 hours ago, steven8989 said:

I don't see why you or anybody even waste your time talking about Johnson or Sheppard neither one will hardly be on the field. I bet u Johnson will not even make the team. Y'all waste all ur time on making these threads. They are nobody's and everyone has to get excited because this is all Gettleman will do. Never gives Cam any weapons. If I was Cam or Luke I would ask for a trade!!!!

We will gladly trade you. Where do you want to go?

Archived