• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Shepard touchdown

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

So based on Shepards last year of:

REC

YDS

AVG

TDS

And Browns last year of:

REC

YDS

AVG

TDS

And Shepards 2015 of:

REC

YDS

AVG

TDS

And Browns 2015 of:

REC

YDS

AVG

TDS

And Shepards "tape" vs not posted "tape" of Brown....this is the evidence to presume such? Just making sure we're all on the same page.

Depends. Is it a valid assumption that whomever got the better stats last year will also have the better season this year or are these things fluid?

18 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

So based on Shepards last year of:

REC

YDS

AVG

TDS

And Browns last year of:

REC

YDS

AVG

TDS

And Shepards 2015 of:

REC

YDS

AVG

TDS

And Browns 2015 of:

REC

YDS

AVG

TDS

And Shepards "tape" vs not posted "tape" of Brown....this is the evidence to presume such? Just making sure we're all on the same page.

good stuff

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Depends. Is it a valid assumption that whomever got the better stats last year will also have the better season this year or are these things fluid?

Body of work is even better of an indicator and Browns college was slightly better too than Shepards. So a slightly better Brown overall is going to be "floored" by a guy who hasn't shown any sort of capability to do such at all at both levels and is going to be that much his superior all the sudden this year? narp

His STs alone makes him better on the roster than Brown but people go bat poo stupid like they always do about these types. Brown has proven in less time that he can put up those shitty little numbers. Shepard has put up his shitty little numbers once in more time available.

If there was actual evidence to support this claim I'd be all on it...I need more than hopes and dreams.

3 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

How dare anyone be optimistic that Shepard can produce for the team. What is wrong with you guys? 

Make up your mind then.

Do we or don't we like unsubstantiated claims and wild accusations.

Make fun of the Huddle for "being the Huddle" and then prance around like a bunch of unicorns on rainbows like legit real conversation can't happen. What's wrong with being honest? Have personal attacks been going on in here?

23 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Body of work is even better of an indicator and Browns college was slightly better too than Shepards. So a slightly better Brown overall is going to be "floored" by a guy who hasn't shown any sort of capability to do such at all at both levels and is going to be that much his superior all the sudden this year? narp

His STs alone makes him better on the roster than Brown but people go bat poo stupid like they always do about these types. Brown has proven in less time that he can put up those shitty little numbers. Shepard has put up his shitty little numbers once in more time available.

If there was actual evidence to support this claim I'd be all on it...I need more than hopes and dreams.

Who had the better body of work in college between Trent Richardson and Thomas Rawls?

Which one is a better NFL RB so far?

Anytime you're looking at a guy's first few years in the NFL, you have to take the transition into account. Also the system they played in, where they were on the depth chart, who they had ahead of them, who their QB was, and so on and so on and so on and so on.

If determining who was gonna be the best free agent were as simple as looking at who had better stats, GM would be a much easier job.

It doesn't work that way.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Who had the better body of work in college between Trent Richardson and Thomas Rawls?

Which one is a better NFL RB so far?

Anytime you're looking at a guy's first few years in the NFL, you have to take the transition into account. Also the system they played in, where they were on the depth chart, who they had ahead of them, who their QB was, and so on and so on and so on and so on.

If determining who was gonna be the best free agent were as simple as looking at who had better stats, GM would be a much easier job.

It doesn't work that way.

I like how this is bringing stuff like this out honestly...people reading know.

The college stuff was in addition to his actual NFL stats which are better AS WELL AS his college in response to YOUR stat question. That is a ole Mr. Scot classic though.

At least we got yall to admit more than hopes and dreams are necessary.

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

The college stuff was in addition to his actual NFL stats which are better AS WELL AS his college in response to your stat question.

The staff that watched every single play of Philly Brown's NFL career to this point decided he wasn't worth a tender offer, whereas Shepard was worth a three year deal.

Could they be wrong? Sure, but they don't think they are. And if they do turn out to be, it won't be because someone misread the stats.

Stats never ever tell the whole story, and that's why football evaluators know to look beyond them.

Loads of guys who don't do much their first few years for numerous reasons have later turned into some of the best players in the NFL, including a former receiver of ours alluded to earlier. Likewise, loads of guys who've looked great early have tailed off and disappeared.

That's just how the game works.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The staff that watched every single play of Philly Brown's NFL career to this point decided he wasn't worth a tender offer, whereas Shepard was worth a three year deal.

Could they be wrong? Sure, but they don't think they are. And if they do turn out to be, it won't be because someone misread the stats.

Stats never ever tell the whole story, and that's why football evaluators know to look beyond them.

Loads of guys who don't do much their first few years for numerous reasons have later turned into some of the best players in the NFL, including a former receiver of ours alluded to earlier. Likewise, loads of guys who've looked great early have tailed off and disappeared.

That's just how the game works.

I'm peacing out of the thread yo we've said what we've said....just time to wait and see.

Hope he turns into Smitty and if he does I'll write you and Saca.

If he doesn't I know yall won't(lots of excuses coming I know how it goes).

Since we haven't put a # on it...which is oddly absent from a staunch claim. If he goes 500  and 5 I'll crow it up should be easy for a "Brown floor" player.

35 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

The college stuff was in addition to his actual NFL stats which are better AS WELL AS his college in response to YOUR stat question. That is a ole Mr. Scot classic though.

I evaluate and analyze film when I make my judgments, rather than look at stats and numbers. Otherwise, I would be calling Cam Newton a backup-level quarterback with the stats he had this past season.

Lots of variables I take into account, and I look to see potential. Unlike you, I do my in-depth research before drawing a conclusion. You continue to assume that your 'stats' are your end all - know all analysis of a player.

I see his potential as a really good receiver. His film proves he has the tools and knowledge to achieve that state. You simply assume he can't possibly improve or get better. 

Again, I said his floor is Philly Brown right now. He's already at that level, and even Philly wasn't utilized much this season. 

His film shows he has potential to break out to become something even more. Other analysts will tell you that. Many variables go in to what gets the player where they are and how to improve them.

Not going to continue arguing with a guy who has no basis in his arguments.

Archived