• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Shepard touchdown

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Now i'll get on your hyperbole.

Shepard has beenin the league 1 year longer than Brown and has 1/3 of his stats. His ceiling is Brown. You've nothing to substantiate this claim.

I already substantiated my claim by showing multiple examples of his play during different games in another thread.

You understand that he only became a wideout this year, right?

Let me reiterate what I mean by that. I mean he only got his chance in that role this year. Other than that, rarely used, but Bucs fans see he has a ton of potential.

From the chances he got last year, he showed up. He looks the part. 

3 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

I already substantiated my claim by showing multiple examples of his play during different games in another thread.

Come on, man, you're splitting hairs. 

2 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Yup but at a year older than Brown who came into the league as a WR you think this HELPs that claim?

Gettis "breakout" year in 2010 was better than Shepard's too when he was the next Randy Moss...he was also bigger and faster.

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

Yup but at a year older than Brown who came into the league as a WR you think this HELPs that claim?

Gettis "breakout" year in 2010 was better than Shepard's too when he was the next Randy Moss...he was also bigger and faster.

Tape already validates my claim he has potential. The question is whether our coaching staff and environment helps the kid reach it.

Like I said, I've analyzed players and football for many years personally, and I usually can tell whether a guy has potential or is likely to be a dud.

I watch tape rather than look at stats. I look at what situation a guy is in and the chances/environment affects his production. 

I shared tape from multiple games of him in another thread, and explained some concepts that were repetitive with him. I could go more in depth, but he has the skillsets and route running (deep hitches especially) that fit our offense.

Of course, I doubt you look at anything other than ESPN stats, so I guess it's not worth arguing over.

6 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Tape already validates my claim he has potential. The question is whether our coaching staff and environment helps the kid reach it.

Like I said, I've analyzed players and football for many years personally, and I usually can tell whether a guy has potential or is likely to be a dud.

I watch tape rather than look at stats. I look at what situation a guy is in and the chances/environment affects his production. 

I shared tape from multiple games of him in another thread, and explained some concepts that were repetitive with him. I could go more in depth, but he has the skillsets and route running (deep hitches especially) that fit our offense.

Of course, I doubt you look at anything other than ESPN stats, so I guess it's not worth arguing over.

Oh boy one of those youtube videos/gifs is tape guys. We have loads of those for players who didn't make it.

Then hedge your bet putting it on the coaching staff....continue.

He's in the NFL btw....that means he has potential....you said his floor was Brown...you backing away from that?

Yeah, Brown has good tape too. 

The thing is, I've bought into the JAG receiving corps the past couple of years, but not this year. The wide receiver extremist is back!

;)

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, we better be addressing the position. Cruz > Shepard! CJ2 might be, just might be a better option than C-Pat.

Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. The guys have varying degrees of upside, but Shepard may have the least among them all. I think that G-man brought him here for his versatility (that's true), but mainly special teams.

We're not talking Smitty here. No great break out is forthcoming. The cream always rises to the top. Too many years have passed to have anything more than marginal expectations.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, Brown has good tape too. 

The thing is, I've bought into the JAG receiving corps the past couple of years, but not this year. The wide receiver extremist is back!

;)

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, we better be addressing the position. Cruz > Shepard! CJ2 might be, just might be a better option than C-Pat.

Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. The guys have varying degrees of upside, but Shepard may have the least among them all. I think that G-man brought him here for his versatility (that's true), but mainly special teams.

We're not talking Smitty here. No great break out is forthcoming. The cream always rises to the top. Too many years have passed to have anything more than marginal expectations.

We all hope he's right but nearly every NFL WR has 3 gifs that look tight AF bruh.

I believe it was Voth who said it best. This guy is a better version  of Teddy Williams (gunner) and Philly Brown in one person. 

I love Philly, think he's a great guy. But I'm glad we've got this guy, and I really hope he can develop into a great route running WR. Lord knows we need it. 

34 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Oh boy one of those youtube videos/gifs is tape guys. We have loads of those for players who didn't make it.

Then hedge your bet putting it on the coaching staff....continue.

He's in the NFL btw....that means he has potential....you said his floor was Brown...you backing away from that?

His floor is Brown. Not backing away from that, and never have. The tape I watch came from All-22, not youtube highlights. 

Your argument is pretty invalid. Again, I selected parts from games that highlight his potential. Quite hilarious that you're making yourself look like an idiot.

His game reflects what I put in my other thread. I don't even think he has any highlights or gifs anyhow. He's a ST gunner and a solid route runner, and has the tools to expand himself to be a good WR from the film I'm watching. 

Since you obviously are an idiot, go ahead and remain in your delusional ideas. 

Archived