• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Shepard touchdown

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yes, it's against the 49ers but it's still really impressive. He never had the chance to play receiver until last year really. Then he flashes this.... 

giphy.gif

This reminds me of the game against the 9ers in 2010, David Gettis did a similar route and broke some ankles. 

Edit:

Here's a video. The route and outcome is uncanny.  

If only KB and Funch could learn to run routes like that

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I know everyone loved Proehl and was like "oh, just wait 'till Proehl gets ahold of 'em and they are gonna flourish!!" but I never saw crazy improvements. Especially from our young guys. Benjamin and Funchess lack the speed to get separation so running crisp routes is so crucial.

Maybe it's more due to the route tree our offense runs..

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Yep. That's one of the TDs I went over in here. But you provided a lot more better views than I was able to even get.

To me, he's like a Terrelle Pryor in all honesty. He's someone who has so much upside, and can really wreck it in the NFL. He's just not given enough chances.

I feel like we just got a steal for him. He's definitely someone I'm rooting for this year.

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

Yep. That's one of the TDs I went over in here. But you provided a lot more better views than I was able to even get.

To me, he's like a Terrelle Pryor in all honesty. He's someone who has so much upside, and can really wreck it in the NFL. He's just not given enough chances.

I feel like we just got a steal for him. He's definitely someone I'm rooting for this year.

We're not really known for giving chances for guys to get on the field, tbh. How many receivers have we gone through who we thought could blow up if they were just given a chance?

6 minutes ago, rodeo said:

We're not really known for giving chances for guys to get on the field, tbh. How many receivers have we gone through who we thought could blow up if they were just given a chance?

He just joined and if he was here he'd have made threads talking about Underwood having potential and a steal and all that. The guy who was going to replace Ted Ginn and so on. Blind optimism will work out sometimes when you do it for every single signing ever.

It's also easier than actually analyzing each move and since we know only a few ever pan out....

3 hours ago, Fox007 said:

He just joined and if he was here he'd have made threads talking about Underwood having potential and a steal and all that. The guy who was going to replace Ted Ginn and so on. Blind optimism will work out sometimes when you do it for every single signing ever.

It's also easier than actually analyzing each move and since we know only a few ever pan out....

Everyone knew Underwood had more than questionable hands. I don't remember anyone thinking he would work out all that well. 

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Underwood already had issues that made me feel like he's a longshot. Never felt he'd be anything when he came in.

I'm looking at multiple game tapes of Shepard, and he has all the tools and upside to succeed. Now, this doesn't mean he'll become an all-star day one, but he has potential to get that far with hard work.

His floor is just being a good Philly Brown replacement and a ST ace. 

25 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Everyone knew Underwood had more than questionable hands. I don't remember anyone thinking he would work out all that well. 

Get off my hyperbole.

But yea there isn't a lot to go off of even in college(though he played with doo dood QBs) to think he's gonna be a WR above Browns level.

His STs contributions are more than welcome and we need that from our back end WRs anyway. That's where he is going to shine.

25 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

His floor is just being a good Philly Brown replacement and a ST ace. 

Now i'll get on your hyperbole.

Shepard has beenin the league 1 year longer than Brown and has 1/3 of his stats. His ceiling is Brown. You've nothing to substantiate this claim.

Archived