• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Making sense of the Ealy trade...

Jeremy Igo

Ealy had 14 sacks in 3 seasons, that's god awful for a guy whose never faced a double team in his life.

It's funny Patriots fans think they got a steal cause "he was a beast in the super bowl hurr durr". Completely disregarding his entire career 

8 minutes ago, chknwing said:

I dunno seems like giving up alot for 1 player.  And per gettlemen, you are never 1 player away.

One could argue that yesterday's haul shored up a lot of areas, making it easier to focus on a smaller number of immediate-impact players.

That was my first thought as well.  If you just want that pick why do the trade now.  Wait until draft day and do it then once you make sure the player that you want is still available.  The only thing that makes sense is using this to trade up. I just hope it's not to move up from 8 to 3 to draft fournette.  This draft is too deep to turn 2 or 3 picks in to one.  If mccaffry is the guy I would rather them take him at 8 or trade down. 

1 minute ago, pstall said:

The Patriots are flippers.  Just like an investor who finds the worst house on the best street, they will get great production out of Ealy. Its what they do.

I heard the same thing with Mingo, I guess they couldn't afford his 2 million dollar contract 

Im almost willing to bet by this time next year Ealy will be a FA

Just now, GoobyPls said:

I heard the same thing with Mingo, I guess they couldn't afford his 2 million dollar contract 

Im almost willing to bet by this time next year Ealy will be a FA

And they capitalize on his productivity and gain cap flexibility.  He performs and gets a good contract.

Flip this player: New England

6 minutes ago, pstall said:

The Patriots are flippers.  Just like an investor who finds the worst house on the best street, they will get great production out of Ealy. Its what they do.

They also fail trying frequently.

Just now, pstall said:

And they capitalize on his productivity and gain cap flexibility.  He performs and gets a good contract.

Flip this player: New England

What productivity? What good contract? Mingo didn't do squat. And they didn't flip him for anything.

Kony has had the best DT duo in the NFL since he got drafted and wasn't able to produce.

Archived