• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Gettleman's Free Agency Gems: WR Russell Shepard - What He Brings To The Table

Saca312

He was a STs captain and is going to impact that....repeat that until it sinks in Brown is a better WR and we let him go.

But like I been saying we need WRs who can contribute on STs....former captain....ran a 4.46 where as Brown was 4.5.

10 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

He was a STs captain and is going to impact that....repeat that until it sinks in Brown is a better WR and we let him go.

But like I been saying we need WRs who can contribute on STs....former captain....ran a 4.46 where as Brown was 4.5.

Actually, I'd argue right off the bat Shepard is an upgrade over Brown.

i like shep, i know he's gonna make the team, so i'm rooting for him to keep taking steps as a WR this year. would be great to have that guy who can run sharp routes and is fast. not hearing much about his hands, but i assume he's decent. would be great.

Nah. Nice spin job, but I'm not sold. Dude has pedestrian stats to say the least. The only reason I knew about this guy was due to him being in a rotational role with all the other guys when injuries befell the Bucs receiving corps last season. He couldn't seize the role. Adam Humphries rose to the occasion. I am more excited about CJ2.

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Nah. Nice spin job, but I'm not sold. Dude has pedestrian stats to say the least. The only reason I knew about this guy was due to him being in a rotational role with all the other guys when injuries befell the Bucs receiving corps last season. He couldn't seize the role. Adam Humphries rose to the occasion. I am more excited about CJ2.

Just you wait. Potential's there for him, and many Bucs fans are saying this is a huge loss.

If you're curious, I've spoken to some analysts themselves who do agree: Kid has huge upside.

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

I've never seen a guy fall over that fast to snatch a ball. Russell Shepard turns into the flash for a split second and snags the ball Ginn fails to achieve. He showcases good position to make a play, and grabs the ball when the opportunity presented itself.

Well, if we signed everybody that made us look like ass last year, we'd need a lot more roster space.

Hey didn't David Gettis score that exact same TD against the 49ers? I'm sure he did, because it sold a lot of us on him. We even waited a whole year for his hamstring to loosen up. 

I guess the answer is now on the roster. 

Taverres King anyone? Or maybe Mcnutt?

Archived