• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers workout a couple of Tarheels.

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

I really think he's underrated. Mostly because of the way Fedora used him.....or didn't use him.

That and the fact that he was hampered by nagging injuries quite a bit this season. He had 1500+ rushing yards last year. Had he been healthy this year, I think he'd be considered one of the top backs in the draft.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

That and the fact that he was hampered by nagging injuries quite a bit this season. He had 1500+ rushing yards last year. Had he been healthy this year, I think he'd be considered one of the top backs in the draft.

In addition to be a capable back (IMO) it would be fun having a hometown kid on the squad.

Not sure of the hate on Switzer. No he is not the second coming of Calvin Johnson, Guessing people don't understand what he can bring to the table. His strength is his quickness not his speed. His cone time at the combine was excellent. His 40 time was decent. My point is there is a reason why he was great at punt returns. He is quick and can find the seam. As a WR he can take a slant or quick pass and make a nice gain. His has a lot to offer a team.

4 hours ago, RoaringRiot said:

I really think he's underrated. Mostly because of the way Fedora used him.....or didn't use him.

I love Hood but he couldn't use him as often as he wanted because he was was constantly injured. So Logan got more carries. I would prefer to have Logan. Fastest RB in the class. Just an explosive player and great returner. Not to mention he could be had later in the drsft

As an alum, i watched a lot of him...  was surprised he didnt have a faster 40 at the combine because most of the time, he looked like the fastest guy on the field.  But, IIRC, his 10 yard split was really good and his 3 cone drill as well, which would make sense, as he is extremely quick, shifty, and plays with a lot of burst.  As far as his size, i wouldnt worry.  He is compact and solidly built, and I saw him get blown up several times, usually after getting hung out to dry by bad passes and he always popped right back up.  Just my opinion...  would be an ideal slot guy and solid, but not quite Ginn-like returner.

42 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

As an alum, i watched a lot of him...  was surprised he didnt have a faster 40 at the combine because most of the time, he looked like the fastest guy on the field.  But, IIRC, his 10 yard split was really good and his 3 cone drill as well, which would make sense, as he is extremely quick, shifty, and plays with a lot of burst.  As far as his size, i wouldnt worry.  He is compact and solidly built, and I saw him get blown up several times, usually after getting hung out to dry by bad passes and he always popped right back up.  Just my opinion...  would be an ideal slot guy and solid, but not quite Ginn-like returner.

Was just posting this...

He looked way faster than a 4.5....

Was shocked at his relative slow 40 time. His quickness tested what you'd expect though.

Well I was watching Undisputed on Fox and they were mentioning that Jerrry Rice and some pretty famous HOF or at least very high tier players from the past had slow or middling 40 times but their game speed was blazing. In reality the 40 is just one or two times you see someone go in a strait line with no one pursuing them , no incentive to get TD, just different in game for some players just turn on a switch when theyre in an actual game.

Jesus Switzer is even a little shorter than Smitty and lol at google listing him at 5'10'' when the combines got him at a little over 5'8'' . If Cam can accurately throw to him I'd don't see why not kick the rocks with him if hes there in the 5th 6th or 7th. Same thing with hood in similar rounds.

You can't say he's too small when he's less than an inch shorter than Steve Smith . Yes you can't compare everyone to an eventual HOFer but going off his height alone people always go off the wall about that.

No one is going to ask him to high point the ball like kelvin or catch end zone fades like Funchess. Dump offs , slot wr work over the middle , and KR/PR, he could thrive if the panthers use him in the roles he excells at

Archived