• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade Kony Ealy To Patriots

bobsfoodbasics

9 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Well, if Fournette and Adams aren't there, taking Thomas or Allen would be a good thing.

I wonder if anyone has ever tried putting two names on the card when they turn it in.

Roger be like "With the 8th pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Carolina Panthers select: Leonard Fournette and Jamal Adams...wait...what...I thought"

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

You realize where you were draft doesn't get you any credit on a future trade, right? It was 2017 Ealy to move up 8 spots into the second, which is equivalent to an early 5th round pick. Miami was able to get William Hayes (older, but more productive) by trading down 16 picks into the 7th round from the 6th. We got a more than that for a guy we were likely going to release after the draft. If we hadn't signed Peppers, Ealy wouldn't have been traded. Once we did, he was expendable.

According to our Resident Madden GM's logic, Robert Griffin III (2nd overall pick) is worth WAY more in trade value than Tom Brady (6th round pick).

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

Happy to get a second rounder but part of me can't help but wonder if Kony will go to New England and become a stud.

Yea I feel you on that, it was my first thought too. But I say whatever... he got a fair shake and never busted out, consistently. 

He could show his worth finally but then again, the second round pick we get for him may be a pro bowler.

Either way, it's nice to have an exciting offseason!

1 hour ago, bobcat91 said:

Not nearly as happy finding out it was our original 3rd instead of the comp 3rd.  Just to move up 8 spots and lose a starter.  No, I'm back to thinking Gettleman is incompetent.

Can't trade comp picks. 

Don't know why you'd ve upsey about us getting something for someone who wasn't a part of our future.

Just now, pantherclaw said:

Can't trade comp picks. 

Don't know why you'd ve upsey about us getting something for someone who wasn't a part of our future.

Speaking of trades, for the first time ever, teams will actually be allowed to trade compensatory picks in 2017

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-hands-out-compensatory-picks-for-2017-nfl-draft-broncos-chiefs-are-big-winners/

I'm sure it's been said...but besides the fact Kony may have been cut, he was also going to be due a contract next year. Salary dump now, no need to worry about a contract for him...and seems he didn't try anyway (outside of the SB). Wish it was the comp pick we traded, but it is what it is. 

IF Oher can't come back, maybe a vet OT can still be had for a 2nd rounder.

As bad as Gettleman was last offseason he's been the opposite this season. Acting early to trade a player rather than sticking it out and getting nothing shows Gettleman is letting go of his foolish pride. Ealy wasn't turning into Osi like Gettleman thought, so he sucked it up and got something for him before it was too late. A+ move.

Archived