• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade Kony Ealy To Patriots

bobsfoodbasics

2 minutes ago, LUUUUUKE said:

IF* he was going to be cut, is the only way it makes sense.

I refuse to believe that he was going to be cut either.

I think NE and Bilicek called asking about Ealy after we signed Peppers and played our FO. 

Name a time the Pats have a made a trade that hasn't worked out for them? 

We got PLAYED! Nobody here wants to admit it though, and I get that.

In the end, we'll see who we get at that spot and compare that player to Ealy going forward. I don't like it at all right now

Well, they were reporting for a couple of days that his spot on the roster was not guaranteed.  So, I think they decided to move him for anything they could get...and that move up with worth a late 

46 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

was it really worth positioning of 8 spots in the draft to basically give up on Kony Ealy?

Absolutely. I am not a Gman fan over all. Read my post on him, especially in the 14 and 16 offseason's. I'll post Ealy's horrible stats in a second.

From an article on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000792321/article/panthers-trade-de-kony-ealy-to-patriots

Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman is also one of the best around. Neither team was taken to the cleaners here, but Ealy's career will be monitored closely by the Carolina faithful.

This is as true as it can be right now.

Who would the Pats be missing out on moving back 8? Hell they probably were gonna move back anyway and get a DE with an 800k Salary.

What's gonna hurt even worse is if he has a decent to good year and they get a 4th comp for him lol

Just now, MadHatter said:

Well, they were reporting for a couple of days that his spot on the roster was not guaranteed.  So, I think they decided to move him for anything they could get...and that move up with worth a late 

I just don't like it. The Pats have a way of making people stars. 

No way he was worth 8 draft spots. I can't be convinced of it. I obviously hope it works out for us, but I think because it's NE I just hate it. Being 100% honest bout mah feelz right now

2 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

is it confirmed we traded our first 3rd rounder and not the comp pick for Norman?

I was wondering the same thing and I was just hoping that these reporters just didn't realize that we have the 3rd round comp pick or they forgot that they can now be traded. 

Archived