• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade Kony Ealy To Patriots

bobsfoodbasics

Just now, stbugs said:

OK? If a team has a draft where every pick hits, that team becomes a playoff team overnight. Dallas won 3 out of 4 Super Bowls because they hit big on multiple drafts in a row. Ealy played OK, but he'd be DE #6 after a rookie comes in. Getting an early 5th round pick is better than dumping him.

Also, just because it is NE, doesn't mean Ealy is going to turn it around. They traded Chandler Jones, a stud DE, for a late 2nd and mediocre OL, who they released. They are taking a chance because they are hurting at DE due to FA and trading away Jones (they probably regret that now). They are willing to drop down 8 picks for a chance that they can make Ealy better.

I'm good with the trade now, but it just fuging pisses me off that we wasted that pick. I never liked the Ealy pick, but now I fuging hate it. The Panthers needed receivers that year in the worst way, and they let several legit ones slip by for a player that ended up being trash.

42 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Happy to get a second rounder but part of me can't help but wonder if Kony will go to New England and become a stud.

We can't worry about poo that doesn't look like it'll happen. If he does so be it, but to this point it hasn't emerged 

Yeah, not a fan of the trade. If it was our comp 3rd I would've that it was fantastic. But to give up #72 and a good rotational player on the cheap to move up 8 slots?

At least it's more ammo in a loaded draft. I almost expect a trade back into the 1st. Unless GMan is thinking about moving up from 8 and landing his player.

According to the trade value chart, moving from 72 to 64 is the equivalent of a late 4th-early 5th round pick which really seems about right for Ealy.

98(our comp pick) to 64 is worth a late 3rd round pick which is probably overvalue for poor DE with one year left on his rookie deal.

Gentleman is slowly restoring my faith in him! By far my favorite thing he's done since 2015! I've been dreaming we can get some kind of trade value out of Ealy but doubted it would ever happen. Amazed by Gettleman right now. He's really admitting a lot of mistakes and I am proud of him for doing so.

Just now, MadHatter said:

The round that ealy was picked in is completely irrelevant.  Ealy has underwhelmed big time except for one game.  Addison showed much more.  Throw in Peppers bring back and a deep DE draft and you have ur.  Ealy wax a guy likely to be cut and we got what we could for him.

IF* he was going to be cut, is the only way it makes sense.

I refuse to believe that he was going to be cut either.

I think NE and Bilicek called asking about Ealy after we signed Peppers and played our FO. 

Name a time the Pats have a made a trade that hasn't worked out for them? 

We got PLAYED! Nobody here wants to admit it though, and I get that.

In the end, we'll see who we get at that spot and compare that player to Ealy going forward. I don't like it at all right now

We cut a guy who's unproductive with no compensation and it's all, "What a waste!!1! Gettleman sucks!!1" We trade a guy who's unproductive and a 3rd for a higher 2nd and it's all, "Gettleman sucks!!1! He got played by the master!!1!" You guys are ridiculous. 

I wish Kony Ealy well, but he obviously wasn't the answer at DE on this team. 8 spots is 8 spots. 

Best case if you keep Ealy. He has a great season this year. Not likely but possible. He wouldn't be coming back because he would demand more money than we would/should pay for a player who got suddenly good with money on the line. Most likely he will remain average. Either way, we got something for one year of him. I'll take it.

11 minutes ago, LUUUUUKE said:

David Gettleman/Ron Rivera just got played by the best franchise in Football.

**NEWSFLASH**

If NE is interested in making a deal with you, you're getting Fd!

whats worse is that 90% of you think this was a good trade. Smdh!

We gave up a player (drafted in 2nd round) and an additional pick, to move back into the 2nd.

We have CJ and Peppers on their last legs and we just got rid of the most promising DE we had.

This is dumb

By your impeccable logic above, Robert Griffin III is still worth the 2nd overall pick in the NFL draft in trade value.

Archived