• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade Kony Ealy To Patriots

bobsfoodbasics

David Gettleman/Ron Rivera just got played by the best franchise in Football.

**NEWSFLASH**

If NE is interested in making a deal with you, you're getting Fd!

whats worse is that 90% of you think this was a good trade. Smdh!

We gave up a player (drafted in 2nd round) and an additional pick, to move back into the 2nd.

We have CJ and Peppers on their last legs and we just got rid of the most promising DE we had.

This is dumb

Everyone crying about losing Ealy for 8 draft spots, were clearly going to draft a pass rusher that's better than Ealy.  With Pep's return and what I imagine will be a rejuvenated CJ,  super Mario, plus shiny new rookie, Star and Short on the interior, Ealy won't be missed. 

Big picture kids, big picture. 

1 minute ago, LUUUUUKE said:

**NEWSFLASH**

We gave up a player (drafted in 2nd round) and an additional pick, to move back into the 2nd.

We have CJ and Peppers on their last legs and we just got rid of the most promising DE we had.

This is dumb

Yeah Ealy sucked. Showed us one good game in 3 years so not sure what you mean by promising. 

3 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

?

I don't follow LSU but from everything I read he dominated his freshman year, battled injuries the next two years but also put up stats even when opposing defenses devised their entire game plan around stopping him. There's a reason scouts are calling him a once in a generation type player. The only concern I have is injuries.

If you look at his real stats, he would have a highlight reel run abd then not much for a bunch and then another big play.

Don't get me wrong, he has the talent to be a stud.  Just did not dominate in college like his talent and skills said he should.  

Did not say I would not take him...just that he makes me nervousl.  I am sure we will do a ton of due diligence on him and get in his head to see.

1 minute ago, MadHatter said:

If you look at his real stats, he would have a highlight reel run abd then not much for a bunch and then another big play.

Don't get me wrong, he has the talent to be a stud.  Just did not dominate in college like his talent and skills said he should.  

Did not say I would not take him...just that he makes me nervousl.  I am sure we will do a ton of due diligence on him and get in his head to see.

Yeah his injury history makes me nervous. 

5 hours ago, LUUUUUKE said:

**NEWSFLASH**

This is dumb

The round that ealy was picked in is completely irrelevant.  Ealy has underwhelmed big time except for one game.  Addison showed much more.  Throw in Peppers bring back and a deep DE draft and you have ur.  Ealy was a guy likely to be cut and we got what we could for him.

Archived