• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ working his Magic

Catufb85

I know a bunch of folks are upset about CJ's contract numbers, (I'm actually ok with them, think it's a relative bargain).  For those of you who didn't like the decision to re-sign him, does his help in bringing Pep and maybe Captain back help sweeten the deal?  I'm quite excited about having Pep & Captain back on the team, and looks like CJ has been quite active in the recruitment process.  Nice job CJ, nice job.

I think having some of these old buddies of his on the D might also help increase the competition / rivalry / motivation.  CJ will want to prove to these guys that he's still got it.  Think that's a very good thing as some games last season, and even a few in 2015, CJ didn't seem quite as pumped to give his all.  With guys like Pep & Captain around, I think that could change a lot.  Epic Super Bowl push possible to get these guys rings together?  Here's hoping...

Just now, KB_fan said:

I know a bunch of folks are upset about CJ's contract numbers, (I'm actually ok with them, think it's a relative bargain).  For those of you who didn't like the decision to re-sign him, does his help in bringing Pep and maybe Captain back help sweeten the deal?  I'm quite excited about having Pep & Captain back on the team, and looks like CJ has been quite active in the recruitment process.  Nice job CJ, nice job.

I think having some of these old buddies of his on the D might also help increase the competition / rivalry / motivation.  CJ will want to prove to these guys that he's still got it.  Think that's a very good thing as some games last season, and even a few in 2015, CJ didn't seem quite as pumped to give his all.  With guys like Pep & Captain around, I think that could change a lot.  Epic Super Bowl push possible to get these guys rings together?  Here's hoping...

Yes. Peppers and capt potentially coming back make CJ worth every single penny.

Say what you will about CJ and his past with the Atl hat and non panther gear.  but how many players have actually given us the "hometown discount" once, let alone twice?  Now he's out helping pursue relevant free agents and being a great ambassador for the locker room. 

I think a strong veteran locker room is very important in the NFL to helping the young guys develop and play up to potential. 

CJ seems to know how his role has changed since he's not in his prime and has embraced it well. Much respect 

6 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

I REALLY feel that this year could be the swan song year for TD, Peppers, CJ and that this team is going to ball out

It's all coming together. And we'll get some serious studs in the draft. Excited for this season.

1 minute ago, thebigcat said:

Mike Mitchell or Jamal Adams, spend the entire draft on getting Cam skill set pieces

Yep I  hope it's a reverse of last year's draft and they draft heavy on offense. Panthers can bring in raw defensive prospects in the 3rd or 4th round to learn from the vets on Defense without being rushed in but we need day 1 starters on offense.

15 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

I REALLY feel that this year could be the swan song year for TD, Peppers, CJ and that this team is going to ball out

how great would it be to see that crew to get that crew a super bowl ring?

someone call steve smith and tell him we need a punt returner/slot receiver

Archived