• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IF Oher is healthy....

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, SetfreexX said:

Or perhaps, simply they are  looking to improve the line. I personally was pleasantly surprised with Darryl Williams' play at RT. And he if he becomes depth due to this signing, or if Oher actually is forced into retirement due to injury we are still in a better position than when we ended last season. 

I'm of the mindset it's a deal worth doing either way healthy or not, and I'm glad it's done. We have the opportunity to field two former first round tackles if the health plays out in our favor. It starts up front this is a move to be excited about. 

As a fan this time of year that is something to look forward to!

I agree that an OL improvement was due, regardless of Oher's health.  Yeah, i think they'd still spend some money to improve the OL if Oher was good to go, but I don't think they'd spent the kind of money they are now.  I'd love Oher to come back and this signing is exciting, i just think it signifies that Oher may be retiring.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Kalil - Norwell - Kalil - Turner - Oher

That, my friends, is the best offensive line the Panthers have seen in since the days of Gross and Wharton. 

I would assume Oher- Norwell - Kalil - Turner - Kalil from some of the threads on here and the fact that Oher has been better on the left than on the right. I admit that I can never recall seeing Kalil play (I'm sure I have, having seen several Vikings games over the last few seasons, I just don't recall).

56 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I think perhaps Oher's concussion protocol issues might also be one of over caution in a season that was already lost. No reason to rush him back last year, give him plenty of time to heal up completely, perhaps rest up his body.

He was injured in week 3.

At what point was he legit injured, and at what point was it a lost season?

Especially since the majority of problems arose because of his injury.

this is such a dumb post good god

I don't think Oher ever plays football again. He is just biding his time waiting on an injury settlement so he can retire with a little more cushion and insurance benefits to help him deal with the concussion and the effects from it. So realistically our oline is going to look like

Kalil-Norwell-Kalil-Turner-Williams which is good in the middle and a question on the edges, the Carolina Panthers staple since Gross retired.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Pretty sure he's still in ''protocol'' because he ended the season in protocol / IR. 
Far as I know, and feel free anyone to post concrete info, was he ever tested again after the IR designation. 
I know the staff keeps referencing ''still in protocol'' but when was the last test?

The last I read/heard of it was back in Feb saying he was still in protocol. If it was a minor concussion, I'm sure he would've cleared months ago. It has me worried though, not even about football but his overall health.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Pretty sure he's still in ''protocol'' because he ended the season in protocol / IR. 
Far as I know, and feel free anyone to post concrete info, was he ever tested again after the IR designation. 
I know the staff keeps referencing ''still in protocol'' but when was the last test?

The last I read/heard of it was back in Feb saying he was still in protocol. If it was a minor concussion, I'm sure he would've cleared months ago. It has me worried though, not even about football but his overall health.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I remember Mario Lemuix in NHL or maybe it was Sidney Crosby. Anyway the player had a concussion for a year and finally came back and played well. Dale Earnhardt Jr is the same thing. Just because Oher has had this concussion for eons doesn't mean his career is over yet. I guess we find out whether we cut him or not on June 1st

Archived