• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IF Oher is healthy....

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, blackcat said:

If Oher is healthy, we don't go after Kalil.  Oher is done.

Or perhaps, simply they are  looking to improve the line. I personally was pleasantly surprised with Darryl Williams' play at RT. And he if he becomes depth due to this signing, or if Oher actually is forced into retirement due to injury we are still in a better position than when we ended last season. 

I'm of the mindset it's a deal worth doing either way healthy or not, and I'm glad it's done. We have the opportunity to field two former first round tackles if the health plays out in our favor. It starts up front this is a move to be excited about. 

As a fan this time of year that is something to look forward to!

Just now, truthjuice said:

Michael Oher may just need to go ahead and retire. This game isn't worth all of that. How is he still in protocol?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Pretty sure he's still in ''protocol'' because he ended the season in protocol / IR. 

Far as I know, and feel free anyone to post concrete info, was he ever tested again after the IR designation. 

I know the staff keeps referencing ''still in protocol'' but when was the last test?

Nothing new was reported there. No where does it say when he last took a test. I would imagine he hasn't taken on since he was put in IR. There is no real reason to take the test after being put on IR because he couldn't practice. Now if it comes OTA's and he is not on the field, that is another story. 

Yeah but he was out since week 3 or 4 something is wrong. He will not play in a Panthers uniform again count on it!

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I think perhaps Oher's concussion protocol issues might also be one of over caution in a season that was already lost. No reason to rush him back last year, give him plenty of time to heal up completely, perhaps rest up his body.

I can't say that he hasn't been suffering from the concussion, but one thing sticks out in my mind:

If Oher was physically unable to play anymore, we would have seen something about Carolina working out an injury payoff to finish out his contract here and allow him to retire. We have not seen, or even heard talk of, an injury settlement yet, and Oher hasn't announced a retirement.

He could very well being doing fine right now and getting into shape for the next season, with the information being held back simply under the veil of HIPAA regulations. He could also, I agree, be trying very hard to come back from a serious injury that he might be better to retire than to risk again.

Honestly, we don't know and we really can't say as fans. We just have to go with what we do know and that is the team hasn't said he won't be available and they are still holding onto his contract.

Archived