• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IF Oher is healthy....

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, steven8989 said:

So ur saying we overpaid a guy that's LT to not pay LT. That sounds like something Panthers would do.

But at this point, it's something they HAD to do.  Right now we have no LT.  None.  Oher is still in the protocol.  DG had to assume that he'll never play again.  So, you've got to sign an LT.  Of course it would be awesome if Oher can return and play LT.  Then at worst we've got great LT depth in case Oher gets inured again, and hopefully Kalil would be an upgrade over Remmers at RT.

17 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Kalil - Norwell - Kalil - Turner - Williams

That, my friends, is the best offensive line the Panthers have seen in since the days of Gross and Wharton. 

12 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Not going to jump for joy yet. It seems every time I think they have improved, they end up shatting the bed again. I will wait and see what transpires.

I dont think so, Daryl Williams is too good of a  run blocker not to be on the field. 

Can you repost the video during training camp where DW bent CJ backwards. 

I like my Hogmollies who can do both @Kakarot

Having stability in the interior will improve DW plays significantly.

3 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

So ur saying we overpaid a guy that's LT to not pay LT. That sounds like something Panthers would do.

Sent using the amazing CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I'm not paid to be an evaluator and to be honest I'm kind of excited about the signing but Matt has not been great against speed rushers these past couple of years. Not Remmers bad but bad. Maybe he just needs to reclaim that rookie magic with some coaching up.

21 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Kalil - Norwell - Kalil - Turner - Oher

That, my friends, is the best offensive line the Panthers have seen in since the days of Gross and Wharton. 

He's getting released.  We get 5 mill for a post June cut.  He gone and s h i t bruh.  

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

It was reported in february, and no news has come out since then.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/nfl-blog/article130410414.html

he's toast. 

Nothing new was reported there. No where does it say when he last took a test. I would imagine he hasn't taken on since he was put in IR. There is no real reason to take the test after being put on IR because he couldn't practice. Now if it comes OTA's and he is not on the field, that is another story. 

If Oher doesn't pass the protocol would he still count against our cap? That seems like flawed logic. If he isn't allowed to play why should we not be able to replace his salary with someone else's? Obviously we still have to pay him but not sure why paying a guy that can't play this year would count against our cap.

the Oher thing has never made sense

I think there is some gamesmanship going on here

Either he is not well and waiting on Panthers to make signing before retiring

or

He is okay and just not taking tests for protocol and will play

Guess we will see shortly, no need to keep it veiled much longer

Archived