• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers signing Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

So what good LT in years past could he have signed?

Well, i'm pretty sure he could have addressed the position more with picks wasted on leverage draftees (Butler), luxury picks who have yet to prove their worth (Shaq), lazy and unmotivated, projects (like Funchess and KB), or picks wasted adressing positions he made a need due to his horrible, unprecedented handling of Norman's contract situation.  But, whatevs...

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Well, i'm pretty sure he could have addressed the position more with picks wasted on leverage draftees (Butler), luxury picks who have yet to prove their worth (Shaq), lazy and unmotivated, projects (like Funchess and KB), or picks wasted adressing positions he made a need due to his horrible, unprecedented handling of Norman's contract situation.  But, whatevs...

So who should he have drafted at LT?

4 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Call gman up and tell him you'll play left tackle.  What the hell do you want him to do. Whitworth is 36 fuging years old,  okung sucks and beechum has been ass and is older.  We get it you don't like it. Do you need to bitch on every page of this thread? 

For all the constant complaining, trolling, and BS about how the whole organization doesn't know what they are doing, something I have defended against  many times, you're damn right I will make my case, and pound the table for something I believe in. If I can defend the FO, I can call them out when they make a mistake. It doesn't have to be always one way or the other.

And if you want to discuss why Kalil is a better options than those players you mentioned, letstdo it. But from your limited evaluations of them, there's nothing to start with.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Jesus you're an ignoramus 

I like how everyone supposedly has a solution, but can't actually tell me who they should have drafted or signed instead.

The fact of the matter is, finding an LT is hard.  We haven't been in a good position in the draft or in free agency to do so.  We tried to explain this to ya'll and you guys continued to dismiss, hell a lot of you simply said you just wanted him to do SOMETHING.  And he did SOMETHING.  And you continue to complain.  Maybe you guys should stop pretending the NFL is real-life Madden and realize that sometimes, you are just going to be weak at a position.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Someone other than the guys I listed.  It wouldnt take much to better than what we had.  He didnt try.

Try to recall the past couple of years oline draft options. Keeping it real they sucked. We can talk about What Ifs all we want but most draft options sucked and would be terrible. 

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Someone other than the guys I listed.  It wouldnt take much to better than what we had.  He didnt try.

So who?  Please list all of the good LTs in the NFL he had a chance of drafting.

Stop saying "he didn't try".  Unless you are saying you would have been okay with him drafting a bust, in which case why do you have an issue with this signing?

Go and get me the names of the good LTs he had a chance of drafting.

I'm happy we signed SOMEONE for the OL, but we most likely overpaid for a guy that has failed to live up to expectations and just played 2 games the previous season.    I'm not about to crown DG because it's his fault we're in this desperate situation.       Sadly, this is a position that is almost a make-or-break for this team to be good, especially with such a bad OC unable to come up with other solutions.     I'm not sure taking a chance on Kalil is worth a season.   Yeah, we had to go hard on Okung (to be fair, maybe we didn't have a chance) but DG put us in this mess so you have to overpay for a more proven player when your season rides on it.     I know everyone is excited because he's Ryan's brother and all that, but I'm very cautiously optimistic on Kalil being what we need.    

We moved from the dollar store to Macy's and people still complain 

this is a stop gap and had to be done and he probably fit in economically as well

Pamthers have many needs, with this being the greatest need with the slimiest pool at the highest cost.  Our current GM put the Panthers in this position so we are where we are  and Newton can't go through another year of getting his brains knocked out.   Something had to be done.

Let's hope Kalil's hip has healed and who is to say that wasn't part of his issues, these men play hurt all the time, and that a change of scene does him good

it doesnt hurt to be optimistic 

Archived