• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers signing Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

Just now, yasuhara2241 said:

No team can talk to Okung until today so we needed to act fast to secure somebody. Would I have preferred Reif or Whitworth? Possibly but what assures them wanting to sign with us. Remember other teams can offer lots more. 

Do you go have the hottest girl in the bar that all the guys are going after?

No. But I'm not buying an ugly one shots of Pappy Van Winkle and taking here home at 8:30.

3 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Out of all of the LTs available, Matt was one of the worst available. I just hope it works out because if not, Cam yet again has to run for his life. I just wish we realized LT is the most important position on the field next to QB. You wouldn't want one of the worst available QBs becoming the starter on your team right? I hope we at least made an offer to the better ones that were out there and not a cheap one either.

Agreed he was terrible last year but hip and labrum problems might have affected his ability. Matt was one of our most likely targets due to Ryan being here. We went after the "sure thing" instead of waiting on Okung who everyone will be going after

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Oher was a question mark at 2/7M. Kalil is just as big of one at 3/30 or more. Huuuuge difference. 

Call gman up and tell him you'll play left tackle.  What the hell do you want him to do. Whitworth is 36 fuging years old,  okung sucks and beechum has been ass and is older.  We get it you don't like it. Do you need to bitch on every page of this thread? 

Also Okung is extremely injury prone. There's a reason he is a free agent. Not sure why people want him. 

FWIW I don't like this signing, but I was always cool with how Gettleman approached the position because there wasn't much he could do. People who always complained about him ignoring it however are in no position to say anything. 

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Every time we tell people Gettleman hasn't signed an LT because good LTs rarely hit the market (and if they do, they are expensive as hell), they still complain. It was a lose/lose situation. It's either you want us to overpay for an LT or not. People keep trying to have it both ways. We simply haven't been in good positions to upgrade the LT position. 

And for the people who constantly complained about us not signing an LT, this is what you get. 

LT is one of the positions where you pay a lot of money for a good one. Not a mediocre one. We haven't been in a good position to upgrade because DG hasn't put us in good position. This is DG's 5th season with us. Are we going to keep using your excuse every single year?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Miagi said:

Bc we haven't 

Will you shut the hell up.  Yesterday you whined all day about how everyone was being signed without us making a single play, to include Kalil.  Now it appears as if we are landing Kalil, and you still are whining.  

Just now, KillerKat said:

LT is one of the positions where you pay a lot of money for a good one. Not a mediocre one. We haven't been in a good position to upgrade because DG hasn't put us in good position. This is DG's 5th season with us. Are we going to keep using your excuse every single year?

So what good LT in years past could he have signed?

Just now, KillerKat said:

Who would you have signed, mister armchair GM of the year?

3 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Agreed he was terrible last year but hip and labrum problems might have affected his ability. Matt was one of our most likely targets due to Ryan being here. We went after the "sure thing" instead of waiting on Okung who everyone will be going after

Despite being bad, Vikings fan have gone on record to say that their backups were even worse.  They admit they they didn't appreciate Kalil until he was no longer in there.  

Plus...their interior isn't that good.  Kalil should play better alongside a great interior line.

This board has some of the dumbest, most unrealistic posters I have ever seen.  It would NOT matter what the Panthers did or did not do, it would be WRONG to them.  They have no clue, none,  NONE about what they are saying, they just like saying it

Just now, Smithers said:

Despite being bad, Vikings fan have gone on record to say that their backups were even worse.  They admit they they didn't appreciate Kalil until he was no longer in there.  

Plus...their interior isn't that good.  Kalil should play better alongside a great interior line.

Good point. We all know chemistry is a huge factor with the oline.

1 minute ago, yasuhara2241 said:

5 teams have over 58m in cap space. Do we want to get in a bidding war with those teams for guys that we don't know that we have a chance on or go after and show interest in the guy we know we have a better chance at getting? 

That's like when the hornets wasted all that time pursuing Gordon hayward. They were never getting him,  by the time they were done they ended up with Lance Stephenson.  Gman could have spent days on other guys and not got them and then we would have no one to play left tackle.  It was a necessary move. 

Archived