• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers signing Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Most people thought Oher would suck and he turned out pretty good until the injury. 

I believe Kalil had a hip surgery and a torn labrum. That might affect play. And its not like Minnesota didn't want him back. 

Oher was a question mark at 2/7M. Kalil is just as big of one at 3/30 or more. Huuuuge difference. 

1 minute ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Most people thought Oher would suck and he turned out pretty good until the injury. 

I believe Kalil had a hip surgery and a torn labrum. That might affect play. And its not like Minnesota didn't want him back. 

Out of all of the LTs available, Matt was one of the worst available. I just hope it works out because if not, Cam yet again has to run for his life. I just wish we realized LT is the most important position on the field next to QB. You wouldn't want one of the worst available QBs becoming the starter on your team right? I hope we at least made an offer to the better ones that were out there and not a cheap one either.

55 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Our coaches seem to be good at these reclamation guys. So I'll quietly hold out hope, and pray he stays healthy. 

I dont get the fear of injury - his first 4 years he started EVERY game - last season he had a hip injury - if the Pnathers werent confident in his health they would not have signed the guy.

13 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I haven't bitched about one signing, and have been defending many things about the FO in general for weeks. Look and see. And this is a horrible signing at the reported numbers. Judge the player, not the board.

No team can talk to Okung until today so we needed to act fast to secure somebody. Would I have preferred Reif or Whitworth? Possibly but what assures them wanting to sign with us. Remember other teams can offer lots more. 

Do you go after the hottest girl in the bar that all the guys are going after?

For those bitching I would love to know who they expected to start at LT next year? Remmers again? A rookie from the second/third round? Okung and Whit weren't happening I expect both will be paid large sums of money. Okung gets the same heat for his constant false starts and sporadic play plus he's 2 years older than Kalil. Sorry to say you weren't getting a better option. Be excited we have a LT period.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

5 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I don't think people wanted DG just to sign anyone. Just a LT that is actually good.

Every time we tell people Gettleman hasn't signed an LT because good LTs rarely hit the market (and if they do, they are expensive as hell), they still complain. It was a lose/lose situation. It's either you want us to overpay for an LT or not. People keep trying to have it both ways. We simply haven't been in good positions to upgrade the LT position. 

And for the people who constantly complained about us not signing an LT, this is what you get. 

Just now, DelhommesTheMan said:

For those bitching I would love to know who they expected to start at LT next year? Remmers again? A rookie from the second/third round? Okung and Whit weren't happening I expect both will be paid large sums of money. Okung gets the same heat for his constant false starts and sporadic play plus he's 2 years older than Kalil. Sorry to say you weren't getting a better option. Be excited we have a LT period.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

We paying Kalil a truckload too

Archived