• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers signing Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

Kalil is an instant upgrade over Remmers, without a doubt.  Plus he will be playing with a great interior line for the first time in a while.  Let's just hope he can stay healthy.  It would be great if Oher did make it back to compete for RT.  

Id still like us to draft an OT in the first 4 rounds. 

Just now, brandon_87 said:

Us signing him IS the panic button...there's a reason Minnesota didn't bring him back, now we are gonna find out why. I feel bad for Cam again this year, we all know how he plays when he starts seeing ghosts cuz he's constantly getting hit.

Vikings offered him 10m per season 

I remember this exact thread taking place when we signed Oher. OHer just came in and solidified our line which allowed us to go to the super bowl. 

We probably overpaid for him but we have a damn good oline coach who will get the most out of him. Not to mention a perennial pro bowl center who just so happens to be his brother. 

Regardless what any of you think, we just upgraded the left side of our line in a pretty substantial way. 

1 minute ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Good signing.  I'll be interested to see how he does with Matsko in a different style offense.  IMO, with how desperate we are for help, and the lack of options in the draft, I love the move.  I don't think this will be the end of our moves in regards to that position because even with him at LT, we need depth and solid right tackle (although, I still think Daryl Williams can be serviceable there).

We might still bring Remmers back for depth...or draft someone.  I'd love to have Fluker here as well, since he can play virtually every position and is a big ass man.  

2 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

People have bitched about every other signing that has happened in the nfl. Gettlemen sucks, he didn't sign Marshall, Church, Dimarco. He probably lowballed everyone. 

(Gettleman signs someone)

This dude sucks. Why didn't he go after x player(who we don't know if we contacted or not)? Probably Gettleman overpaid! We were desperate thanks to the GM not taking care of the position and knowing that Oher would be in concussion protocol for a year.

I don't think people wanted DG just to sign anyone. Just a LT that is actually good.

Just now, yasuhara2241 said:

People have bitched about every other signing that has happened in the nfl. Gettlemen sucks, he didn't sign Marshall, Church, Dimarco. He probably lowballed everyone. 

(Gettleman signs someone)

This dude sucks. Why didn't he go after x player(who we don't know if we contacted or not)? Probably Gettleman overpaid! We were desperate thanks to the GM not taking care of the position and knowing that Oher would be in concussion protocol for a year.

I haven't bitched about one signing, and have been defending many things about the FO in general for weeks. Look and see. And this is a horrible signing at the reported numbers. Judge the player, not the board.

Just now, KillerKat said:

I don't think people wanted DG just to sign anyone. Just a LT that is actually good.

Most people thought Oher would suck and he turned out pretty good until the injury. 

I believe Kalil had a hip surgery and a torn labrum. That might affect play. And its not like Minnesota didn't want him back. 

Archived