• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers signing Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

This whole thing just screams desperation.

One of our starting OTs has been in the concussion protocol for months. The other one is a walking penalty machine that is useless against just about any above average speed rusher on the outside. They don't want to overreach for a tackle in round 1 and all the other OT talent in the draft is largely a crapshoot. I can't really blame them unless this contract ends up being an outrageous number .

LOL @ this forum.  Bitches for years about getting decent offensive line help in free agency.  Gets offensive line help in free agency.  Still bitches.  I hope you guys understand that the market isnt that great for line help.  I think Getty did what he had to do and and got a decent player who is an immediate upgrade to anyone carolina currently has and who has a chance to get better playing alongside his brother.  This is a good thing.

giphy.gif

Glad Gman jumped in there and signed him. He needed to shore this up when Oher went down and it likely means we have Ryan for at least the next 2 years. No one can guarantee Matt will do well but we needed to help Cam and the offense. Now some right tackle depth and maybe a safety or edge rusher. 

Archived