• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers signing Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, 15 said:

Yeah Reiff was such a legit tackle that they moved him to RT and are now trying to replace him with Remmers. Let that sink in.

I'm not a huge PFF talk guy, but there is no doubt that Kalil has not been worth the 4th overall pick. He had 2 good seasons and 2 bad seasons, then was injured. I have faith in him and guys I respect like Josh Norris think he can be a GOOD tackle in this league. not great, not an all-pro, but a serviceable - young tackle that can perform when not injured.

go back and read the comments from when Oher was signed in 2015. I'm sure you were one of the people making blindside jokes and similar comments being made in this thread. sometimes a guy just needs a change of scenery, or to compete next to his brother every day.

what is bitching going to get you? why not just root the guy on and wish him luck? 

I'm more interested in the discussion that anyone that doesn't think this is a good idea, doesn't have a clue about football. You said it. Now, you use Riley Reiff as an example of my lack of knowledge. When in FACT, Reiff has been better than Kalil every year that both has played, against the same schedules. Find one thing that disputes this. And Oher didn't cost 3/30 to HOPE he regains his skills/health.

Believe me,  I'll have my say today and be done. But coming from someone who pounds home ridiculous points on a consistent basis on here, you gotta a lot of nerve questioning anyone's posting. Period. You made the comments. Back them up with more than one random guy.

welp you guys wouldn't stfu about making a splash early in free agency. this is the price you pay when you do want to jump in early. and if we didn't make a move he would've been gone anyway. then we would've heard about how we didn't make a good enough bid or try to fill a hole at LT

he's been a stud before, he can be a stud again. he's got everything going for him-- big bro to help him learn and keep him focused, he has a nice longterm deal, and he's healthy apparently.

if he can't get motivated to play at a high level with all of those advantages, then shame on him. 

i'm not gonna worry about LT now, though we need to draft another OT.

i'm more disappointed with how this FA was built up to be "exciting" yet nothing interesting has happened for us. our deals offered were dead on arrival. i'm just annoyed at how little we hear about what the team is doing and how weak our pushes seem to be. i don't want TJ McDonald-- isn't he the guy, pre-draft, who claimed to be saving someone from a fire and jumped out of a house, only later to find out he had like robbed someone?? i think it's beyond foolish to think, well we're sure to get Adams now at 8, so lets just sit back while he falls out of the top 5 to us.

Archived