• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers signing Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, panthersphan said:

Funny how fans "know" everything.......

I remember the Huddle complaining about Oher signing here........

We'll see what happens.

I liked the Oher signing but had no illusions it was more than a 1 yr stop gap...but yes we will see from here...

26 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

it's most likely backloaded

think 3 year 25 million contract with team option for 2 year 30 million extension if he's playing well enough to earn it

You don't get team friendly deals like that when you're in a bidding war. I suspect this will be a traditional contract with a large bonus, guarantees through 2 years and escalating salaries.

$10M signing bonus

2017 - $7M salary guaranteed

2018 - $8M salary guaranteed

2019 - $9.5M salary

2020 - $10M salary

2021 - $10.5M salary

Would be my best guess at approximate structure.

23 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

This OL is going to be nasty , #1 rushing team!

p.s. I remember when I was arguing with Huddlers last year that DW is far better than Remmers but a lot of them didn't listen.

Hey now, the Huddle is chock full of great listeners. If you are saying something they want to hear anyway.

i think its too rich but we didn't have much choice. No tackle worth a damn was coming in on a short deal (cause they have leverage-both in position need and scarcity, especially this year). So if you have to pay a guy a longer term deal, you go after the younger guy. 

That said, Okung better get 13 or more cause he is a superior option and only a year older. both have been injured a lot, Okung has shown more, IMO. 

54 minutes ago, panthersphan said:

Funny how fans "know" everything.......

I remember the Huddle complaining about Oher signing here........

We'll see what happens.

Yes, one of the worst run-blocking tackles in the league. Don't try to act like Oher is anything more than passable, 

Archived