• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers signing Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Camvp said:

If he was that bad you guys wouldn't have been about to offer him a 30 million dollar deal.

You know that poo aint true.

We paid 2 RBs #1 money and signed Jake after his catastrophic career ending game.

23 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

I think some of you are really overestimating the brother effect. Sometimes brothers don't play well together.

But...there are brothers who will go to battle for each other. And Ryan was advocating for this. Sounds like he was behind the acquisition.

2 minutes ago, 15 said:

Yeah Reiff was such a legit tackle that they moved him to RT and are now trying to replace him with Remmers. Let that sink in.

I am sorry, but you are only partially correct. The Lions drafted Decker for LT last year. Moving Rieff to RT. This year they just signed Wagner to play RT. Rieff is too expensive to keep as a back up. So they released him.

If Rieff had been half way decent at LT, he would still be there. If he would have been half way decent at RT, he would still be there. He was a big disappointment for the investment.

5 minutes ago, 15 said:

exactly. they drafted a rookie to replace him and he blew at RT too, so before signing Wagner, they considered a guy like Remmers to replace him.

this is why you don't spend high first round picks on your offensive line. 

As a general rule, the only time I would use a 1st rounder would be for a LT that I had complete faith in. Those are the only guys I put in that "If he's there, you take him" category.

The main problem in my eyes is that so few college teams use a pro style offense. So there are fewer LTs available. So the talent isn't there as consistently as in years past. All the spread offense LT struggle mightily.

Archived