• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers signing Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

Gettleman had to overpay. Partially his fault for being in a position like this, but regardless he had to do it. Hopefully being  healthy, uniting with his brother, playing in a new system, and playing next to Turner or Norwell will rejuvenate his career. 

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

Our coaches seem to be good at these reclamation guys. So I'll quietly hold out hope, and pray he stays healthy. 

As bad as his reputation is, his own team wanted to pay him a good amount to stay. They see everything both on the field and behind the scenes. I feel like that is a good indicator of what he is really capable of. 

I would be concerned if Minnesota wanted nothing to do with him. 

Well it worked out with Oher who had been underperforming on his previous team, so at least there's hope. But it is far from a certainty that he will be good or even decent.

All I can say is based on his college performance, how high he was drafted, and his rookie season performance, the potential is there. I'm hoping that being completely healthy for a season and being in a different environment with his brother could bring out the best in him. Fun fact he made the pro bowl his rookie year.

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

As bad as his reputation is, his own team wanted to pay him a good amount to stay. They see everything both on the field and behind the scenes. I feel like that is a good indicator of what he is really capable of. 

I would be concerned if Minnesota wanted nothing to do with him. 

I'm truly not upset. Panthers had to do something, and there were no truly great options available.  

Matt certainly has the highest ceiling, so therefore worth the investment.

3 minutes ago, TylerVagyler said:

Gettleman had to overpay. Partially his fault for being in a position like this, but regardless he had to do it. Hopefully being  healthy, uniting with his brother, playing in a new system, and playing next to Turner or Norwell will rejuvenate his career. 

He didn't have to overpay Kalil. Much better options to overpay. Like about 7-8 of them.

Archived