• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers signing Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

True, and I was aware of that, but that is the difference between winners and losers.  At the end of the year, we were 6-10 team, so we were not competitive.  Teams knew they could count on us to screw up if it came down to it.

As many others have said, we were in position to win 10+ games, which to me sure sounds like we were competitive as you would say. Defining our grand ability to choke late in games last season as not being a competitive is asinine. I think the word you are looking for is clutch

Okie, wasn't who I hoped for but he's young and has shown flashes.  If you want a young LT, you've got to pay but it'll be interesting if he's making more than Ricky Wagner.  Shows we must believe in the kid.  

A high draft pick OT who had a great rookie season but whose play has dropped every year since who wants a change of scenery to rebuild his career??? Sounds just like Oher two years go. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

1 hour ago, Mr. Miagi said:

I'll roast you later. I'm working. I get off at 5. See you after 5 if you think you can handle it. Later alligator 

Nobody's afraid of you, Chuck.

You're like a five year old little brother threatening to beat up an older brother who's a high school football player.

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I wouldnt be nearly as concerned about this move if we somehow structured it like Okung's deal last year.  It was 5 yr/50M plus, but the first year was only a cap hit of 5.2M and then jumped to about 11M in year two, but obviously gave the Broncos an option to bail after year one.

I don't think we have the same leverage as the Broncos did when they signed him following their stolen Superbowl win, so I doubt we could leverage that, but I hope...

It should be worth noting that pretty much everyone agrees that the Broncos got an amazing deal because Okung was representing himself. An agent probably would have gotten better guarantees. This is especially true since the Broncos opted out after one year.  I think I saw that Okung ended up only making $8.5M for the one year.  That appears to be significantly under market this year given what Whitworth just signed for and the rumored numbers for Kalil. 

I've read that agents and teams are upset because it appears the Chargers have improperly been in contact with Okung during this period. If he goes there, I'm going to guess we probably never seriously in the running.  

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nobody's afraid of you, Chuck.

You're like a five year old little brother threatening to beat up an older brother who's a high school football player.

No kid ever done that. Compare me to something legitmate if you're gonna compare me

Archived