• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers signing Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

I'll wait until I see the contract numbers before I really react, but I'm just happy a move was made to try and protect Cam. If it's a contract worth 4/28 mil, then that's not too bad. Now, I hope another OL is added, as well as a S and DE. We can then focus on the offense come draft time. 

1 hour ago, *FreeFua* said:

Jared Veldheer could've been signed and we never would've lost a beat with Gross retiring. 

Theres your name, now deal with the fact something could've been done a long time ago

I agree that Jared turned out good but wasn't there some other free agent tackles that year that turned out worse than Oher?  Collins maybe?

Basically DG went from Gross to Bell to Oher.

I know Bell didn't work out but somebody in the front office or on the coaching staff, probably a combination of both, felt he was ready and the only way you find out is to let them play.  People around here get mad when the younger back up type players don't get a chance but than if they do and play bad they get mad at us not singing a FA to be in the spot.

After Bell, which we moved on from quickly, DG signed Oher, and whether people want to believe it or not that turned out to be a really good signing.  In 2015 he was an above average LT for a really good price and we had one of the top offensive lines in the league.

As we all know he missed most of this year and our entire line struggled.  This idea that we should have a quality backups that instantly step in and have no drop off is a bit delusional.  There aren't 32 quality starting LTs in the league let alone 64.

Speaking of Kill I was actually more of a  Whitworth fan for the fact he seemed more of a sure thing.  Even if it was only for a few years and maybe more expensive.

Hopefully the coaches see something.

Gettleman using Free Agency to set up the draft.

Now he'll go DB or DE in the 1st most likely and upgrade the RB position. I expect Cam to bounce back with a huge year once he's confident in the Oline again.

Can't wait to play the Falcons and crap right down their new sphincter hole stadium.

Thanks for answering the call Dave.

Matt was a stud in college, and looked great his first year in the league. He's got the physical tools, and he's played at a high level before. I think being with his brother will be huge for him. Matsko has done a good job coaching guys up, so I think it's a good move. He's a monster of a guy. Whatever his hip injury was, I don't believe Gettleman would have signed him if it was a looming issue. I'm always optimistic, why waste time wringing your hands over football?

Archived