• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers signing Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

I find it funny people write off a player who's played for one franchise and basically one scheme his whole career and still under the age of 28. But hey I can't wait for him to get here and produce man, personally I'm exicited about this signing. Good job recruiting Ryan. 

1 minute ago, ScreenPlay said:

I find it funny people write off a player who's played for one franchise and basically one scheme his whole career and still under the age of 28. But hey I can't wait for him to get here and produce man, personally I'm exicited about this signing. Good job recruiting Ryan. 

He fits this team especially going back to more of a traditional run game.

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

Will you shut the hell up.  Yesterday you whined all day about how everyone was being signed without us making a single play, to include Kalil.  Now it appears as if we are landing Kalil, and you still are whining.  

Oooooooo. Reporting you. 

2 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

He fits this team especially going back to more of a traditional run game.

Exactly. Now if Oher can pass the protocol, then we move him to RT. We get a young stud at RB or one of the "so call" legit safety falls to us. Man ol man.

IMG_0214.GIF

42 minutes ago, stirs said:

So Gman took a chance with a young LT, which means 4-5 year deal.  Whitworth would have been a 2 year deal at much more per season.  Not much else we could have done that would have been any better.

Yes, Kalil's age is one thing people are overlooking.  It's a big factor.  You go for someone like Whitworth, you maybe get 1 or 2 seasons from him and then have to find another LT all over again SOON.  If Kalil is healthy and at least plays average, it gives us a little breathing space at the position for a few years. 

Whitworth might well have been a better one year stopgap if we could have landed him. Perhaps it would have been worth doing with the team in a SB window right now (if healthy and with a solid O-line to stabilize the offense...) 

Kalil at least has the POTENTIAL, if a move can rejuvenate his career, to provide some stability for 3 - 5 years.  Obviously there's a risk, but hopefully this proves to be a gamble that pays off.

Hard to know.  I bet we'll be having this debate for awhile, but I really hope Kalil will silence the question with solid play.

Archived