• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers signing Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Proudiddy said:

The names are out there available to you just as they are to me.  I know, as I've looked.  If you want to know, you should look too.  For starters, in 2014, we drafted KB and Ealy ahead of two guys who appeared to turn the corner this year and would still be playing on rookie deals - Morgan Moses and Cyrus Kouandjio (sp?).

Why would I look?  You are the one saying he should have drafted someone.  Back it up.  

Morgan Moses isn't an LT and Cyrus has started 7 games the last 2 years.  But you are right, definitely would have been better than taking Benjamin and Ealy.

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

The names are out there available to you just as they are to me.  I know, as I've looked.  If you want to know, you should look too.  For starters, in 2014, we drafted KB and Ealy ahead of two guys who appeared to turn the corner this year and would still be playing on rookie deals - Morgan Moses and Cyrus Kouandjio (sp?).

Morgan Moses and Cyrus Kouandjio? LMAO I'll take whatever you're smoking chief

Waiting until the contract details, but hopefully Gettleman knows what he's doing.

Depending on the price, I either will like or dislike the move. But shows you the FO is changing up their philosophy from being dirt cheap to going hard in FA for position of needs.

Something everyone here wanted...

4 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

You draft, trade, or sign.    There are a lot of other teams that are able to protect their QB.     I don't have to provide you with anything, all you need to know is it's his job, one way or the other, to find a solution, and he hasn't and wouldn't have his job at any other position other than maybe a weatherman.  

I take it you're known as the village idiot around here?

2 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

You draft, trade, or sign.    There are a lot of other teams that are able to protect their QB.     I don't have to provide you with anything, all you need to know is it's his job, one way or the other, to find a solution, and he hasn't and wouldn't have his job at any other position other than maybe a weatherman.  

WHO SHOULD WE HAVE DRAFTED OR SIGNED?

Holy crap, some of you seem to be acting purposely dense.  Stop naming ways of HOW to get a player without actually naming WHO we should or could have gotten.  It doesn't matter if we can sign or draft a guy if there was nobody to get.  And dude, we have made the playoffs 3 out of the 4 years he has been GM and went to the Super Bowl.  No team fires the GM of that team so stop trying to say that.

16 minutes ago, Mage said:

I like how everyone supposedly has a solution, but can't actually tell me who they should have drafted or signed instead.

The fact of the matter is, finding an LT is hard.  We haven't been in a good position in the draft or in free agency to do so.  We tried to explain this to ya'll and you guys continued to dismiss, hell a lot of you simply said you just wanted him to do SOMETHING.  And he did SOMETHING.  And you continue to complain.  Maybe you guys should stop pretending the NFL is real-life Madden and realize that sometimes, you are just going to be weak at a position.

you think you're clever for saying this, but there's a reason nobody wants to echo you:

this dated argument has already been busted. That's what happens when a team has an ongoing roster need for the entire duration of an executive's career. Nobody cares about digging up free agent pools from 2012, but they know other teams have improved when we haven't.

This tired, predictable argument is so dated, in fact, that in the waning moments of this year's Seattle game, I said "when we get to the offseason and some moron trots out the WHO COULD WE HAVE SIGNED" gem, link them here, and remind them how two rookie OTs bulldozed us in primetime and humiliated our team while ending our season

guess who the moron ended up being

you

1 minute ago, Confined9991 said:

Morgan Moses and Cyrus Kouandjio? LMAO I'll take whatever you're smoking chief

I find it hilarious that he seems to be implying that, by mentioning Benjamin, we should have taken one of those guys in the first round.  I overlooked that actually.  That is hilarious.  I'm far from a Benjamin fan, but he is definitely better than those two.

Just now, Growl said:

you think your clever for saying this, but there's a reason nobody wants to echo you:

this dated argument has already been busted. That's what happens when a team has ongoing roster need for the entire duration of an executive's career. Nobody cares about digging up free agent pools from 2012, but they know other teams have improved when we haven't.

I would hope not.  Gettleman wasn't the GM in 2012.

3 minutes ago, Mage said:

Why would I look?  You are the one saying he should have drafted someone.  Back it up.  

Morgan Moses isn't an LT and Cyrus has started 7 games the last 2 years.  But you are right, definitely would have been better than taking Benjamin and Ealy.

Jared Veldheer could've been signed and we never would've lost a beat with Gross retiring. 

Theres your name, now deal with the fact something could've been done a long time ago

Archived