• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers signing Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

Huddler: "Omg Gettleman never makes a splash in FA! Look at the Jags!!!"

*Gettleman signs one of the top LT prospects, a former top 5 pick*

Huddler: "Oh jesus are you serious Matt Kalil?!??!!?!/"

Sorry guys but if we miss out on Matt Kalil there is no guarantee we even get a MEETING with Okung. Gettleman knows he can't go into the draft and next year without a viable LT. You all should be praising his commitment to breaking his habit of low balling FAs. 

But nah you are just going to bash him whatever he does. 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

For all the constant complaining, trolling, and BS about how the whole organization doesn't know what they are doing, something I have defended against  many times, you're damn right I will make my case, and pound the table for something I believe in. If I can defend the FO, I can call them out when they make a mistake. It doesn't have to be always one way or the other.

And if you want to discuss why Kalil is a better options than those players you mentioned, letstdo it. But from your limited evaluations of them, there's nothing to start with.

You aren't pounding the table, you are crying like a child.  It''s done man. Get on board because complaining until September isn't going to do you any good. Kalil made the most sense.  Yes it's a gamble but we had to do it. Oher impending retirement forced this.  People saying he didn't address left tackle is silly. He just signed Oher  (who helped us get to the damn superbowl ) to an extension.  Sorry he couldn't see into the future.

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Someone other than the guys I listed.  It wouldnt take much to better than what we had.  He didnt try.

I mean, yeah he did, He got Williams in the 4th. That is trying, and he seems like a better tackle option than a lot of the tackles taken in the past few drafts. I've posted in detail a few months ago how terrible the past 4 or so seasons of Tackles have been. It's been really, really bad. 

But I do agree with your overall sentiment about Kalil. I'm honestly not a fan and would have rather had Clady, Okung, or Joeckel. He seems like a one year wonder to me. Hopefully he can improve, but I'm honestly not impressed by what I've seen from him. 

On the bright side, he's a body at the tackle position, something we didn't have this time yesterday, so that's a plus, I guess. Also it doesn't mean we won't sing another or draft another next month.

20 minutes ago, DelhommesTheMan said:

For those bitching I would love to know who they expected to start at LT next year? Remmers again? A rookie from the second/third round? Okung and Whit weren't happening I expect both will be paid large sums of money. Okung gets the same heat for his constant false starts and sporadic play plus he's 2 years older than Kalil. Sorry to say you weren't getting a better option. Be excited we have a LT period.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I don't think Okung has missed significant amount of play due to injury though. 

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Stop saying "he didn't try".  Unless you are saying you would have been okay with him drafting a bust, in which case why do you have an issue with this signing?

Go and get me the names of the good LTs he had a chance of drafting.

Agree 100%! There have been absolutely 0 LTs available by the time that we have picked. But you do know somebody is going to dig up a player that is having success that 32 teams passed on a few times who turned out to be really good. 

Just now, Zaximus said:

I'm happy we signed SOMEONE for the OL, but we most likely overpaid for a guy that has failed to live up to expectations and just played 2 games the previous season.    I'm not about to crown DG because it's his fault we're in this desperate situation.       

I also don't get why people keep saying Gettleman is the reason we are in this situation.  When did have a good chance to improve?  It isn't his fault Oher got what feels like a permanent concussion.

Just now, Mage said:

I also don't get why people keep saying Gettleman is the reason we are in this situation.  When did have a good chance to improve?  It isn't his fault Oher got what feels like a permanent concussion.

I don't know, not drafting a competent LT in years?     It's his job to get the coaches what they need, and he didn't do it.   In most jobs, he wouldn't be around anymore.     Like I said though, I hope this pans out or Cam may just go into his shell and never come out.  

Just now, Zaximus said:

I don't know, not drafting a competent LT in years?     It's his job to get the coaches what they need, and he didn't do it.   In most jobs, he wouldn't be around anymore.     Like I said though, I hope this pans out or Cam may just go into his shell and never come out.  

So what LT should he have drafted?

I like how people keep mentioning how he should have drafted someone but never actually provide a name.  

6 minutes ago, Mage said:

So who?  Please list all of the good LTs in the NFL he had a chance of drafting.

The names are out there available to you just as they are to me.  I know, as I've looked.  If you want to know, you should look too.  For starters, in 2014, we drafted KB and Ealy ahead of two guys who appeared to turn the corner this year and would still be playing on rookie deals - Morgan Moses and Cyrus Kouandjio (sp?).

1 minute ago, Zaximus said:

Once again, we are talking about historically bad LTs in the past 2-3 drafts. Who would you have drafted? Off the top of your head without looking it up you would have no clue

Just now, Mage said:

I like how people keep mentioning how he should have drafted someone but never actually provide a name.  

You draft, trade, or sign.    There are a lot of other teams that are able to protect their QB.     I don't have to provide you with anything, all you need to know is it's his job, one way or the other, to find a solution, and he hasn't and wouldn't have his job at any other position other than maybe a weatherman.  

1 minute ago, Mage said:

I am going to let you have this argument I am saying the same things as you but you are quicker and more eloquent! Keep Pounding 

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

The names are out there available to you just as they are to me.  I know, as I've looked.  If you want to know, you should look too.  For starters, in 2014, we drafted KB and Ealy ahead of two guys who appeared to turn the corner this year and would still be playing on rookie deals - Morgan Moses and Cyrus Kouandjio (sp?).

Both those guys are trash... And RTs

Archived