• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers scouting RB Samaje Perine

Jeremy Igo

He's not elusive or fast at all but he's one hell of a load. I don't think he's going to run through NFL defenders with the same amount of ease but obviously wont be easy to bring down.  Wouldn't complain if we get him 3rd-6th rounds. Not round 1 or 2 though. I actually want Westbrook more than him we need a young speed WR with hands. 

Just now, Hoenheim said:

He's not elusive or fast at all but he's one hell of a load. Wouldn't complain if we get him 3rd-6th rounds. Not round 1 or 2 though. I actually want Westbrook more than him we need a young speed WR with hands. 

Yeah, I prefer a WR with hands as well

4 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Youtube has sold me, I want them BOTH!! Fournette & Perine, and draft the fastest small HB in the last two rounds too. 

We tripled up on DB last year, this year we triple up on HB!!!

Wouldn't mind that at all. I actually think the Panthers should load up on offense for this draft primarily, they usually do defense laden drafts with one or two offense players sprinkled in I'm hoping they do the reverse for a change.

13 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Wouldn't mind that at all. I actually think the Panthers should load up on offense for this draft primarily, they usually do defense laden drafts with one or two offense players sprinkled in I'm hoping they do the reverse for a change.

This, 

1st - Star, KB, Shaq, Vernon (3/4 to the defense)

2nd - Short, Ealy, Funchess, Bradberry (3/4 to the defense)

It is absolutely time we start to invest some major draft equity into the offense. They tried living off Cam as a catalyst, it doesn't work, we need threats, legitimate threats up and down the offense, and that happens with quality investments. 

I like the diamond in the rough UDFA, but we've applied that way to frequently to the offensive skill positions. Real question as I'm drawing a blank, since DG got here other than KB & Funchess have we even ''drafted'' another receiver?

14 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

since DG got here other than KB & Funchess have we even ''drafted'' another receiver?

I dont think so. Maybe this is why they had a private workout for Ross lol . I think Westbrook is a much better deal might be a little slower but still has burning speed down the field and the hands to go with it, easy 2nd or 3rd rounder. Him, Cooper Kupp, and Juju Smith Shuster are that 2nd-3rd round tier WRs left on the board after Williams, Davis, and Ross are snatched up presumably in the 1st. 

2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I dont think so. Maybe this is why they had a private workout for Ross lol . I think Westbrook is a much better deal might be a little slower but still has burning speed down the field and the hands to go with it, easy 2nd or 3rd rounder. Probably the top WR on the board after Williams, Davis, and Ross are snatched up. 

Give me Zay Jones in the 3rd or KD Cannon in the later rounds.  Ross won't be there by 2nd round.  Dede Westbrook is good but much rather have Zay Jones.

I'd take Perine at 40... especially if we got a DE or Adams or another DB at 8.

At this point, it looks more and more like Fournette might be off the board at 8. If that is the case, I would strongly consider trading down in the first with the Skins or Ravens and picking up an extra second rounder.

In that scenario, we could likely draft a starting DE, OT, S, or RB with those first three picks. We'd have like 3 picks in the top 50. That's strong.

Archived