• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Christian McCaffrey was black, he would be a top 10 pick

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, XClown1986 said:

Denying that McCaffrey's draft status is hindered by his skin color is irresponsible. It is. Plain and simple. There hasn't been a successful white runningback taken in the draft, let alone round 1, since maybe John Riggins. You just don't see it. And when we do, we aren't sure what to make of it. It's human nature to question the outlier.

I want to ask Stephen A Smith if race has anything to do with McCaffrey. 

22 hours ago, jumpman910 said:

Could be somewhat true I think it's more so to do with him not being an every down back. When's the last time a rb with his skillset went that high at all? From a scat back receiving standpoint dion Lewis and sproles got drafted in the 4/5 round but McCaffery is bigger than the other two but not as fast. 

On second thought it seems more of a reach honestly. 

I compare him to Reggie Bush. He went #2 overall.

1 hour ago, @bonafidebanter said:

I'm going out on a limb to say that Indianapolis will grab this kid @ 15. 

Agreed...even though they need defense or an OL in the worst way, I think they'd have a hard time passing on him. Especially given the fact that Luck probably already has a decent relationship with him since both guys are from Stanford. It just seems like a natural fit.

Archived