• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Christian McCaffrey was black, he would be a top 10 pick

Jeremy Igo

14 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Of course it's true....

That's why Jordy Nelson who led WRs in TDs is "sneaky fast" or "deceptive speed" or a "technician" lol...omg guys that white offensive player is "scrappy".

Jordy ran a 4.51 while Dez ran a 4.52 and I've never heard him being called "sneaky" or anything like that.

I do feel like Jordy is criminally underrated because he is white. But at the same time you've never heard Dez being referred to as "sneaky fast" because NO ONE has ever said Dez is fast to begin with. 

2 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

I do feel like Jordy is criminally underrated because he is white. But at the same time you've never heard Dez being referred to as "sneaky fast" because NO ONE has ever said Dez is fast to begin with. 

If you're 6'2 / 6'3 220....4.5 is fast....it's implied unless they are white....that's where the sneaky comes in.

Labeling and Stereotyping goes both ways.  If you are white (I am), take this example and apply it to everything else in life--getting a loan, job, making friends, etc.  Never knowing if it was racism or fair--constantly fighting the labels of the majority.

Not trying to turn this into a discussion about race, but there is a lesson here that extends beyond football.

The had the 4th fastest 40 time for RB. Faster than Cook and Fournette. The 3rd highest vertical jump. The fastest 3 cone drill. 4th 20 yard shuttle and the fastest 60 yard shuttle. 

Guys don't questioned his tapes. They wanted to question him being an athlete. He proved just that at the combine. 

I don't get the whole he isn't a three down back or he can't carry the ball 20-25 times a game. He carried the ball 259 times his senior year and well over 300 times his junior year. That doesn't count his return yards or receiving yards. He did touch the ball over 30 times a game. Second. While he may not be a 3rd and 1 back, how many times were we in 3rd and more than 5 versus less than 2. Who would you rather have on 3rd and 7? Fournette or McCaffrey? For me McCaffrey all day.

4 hours ago, XClown1986 said:

You're right because Gerhart's 2000 all-purpose yards and 28 touchdowns got him drafted 51st overall. Wow. White privilege at work here for sure. 

51st pick is pretty high for a guy that washed out about as quick as his college career lasted.  So, yeah...  that's my point.

9 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

51st pick is pretty high for a guy that washed out about as quick as his college career lasted.  So, yeah...  that's my point.

Ok but there are some players drafted in the top 10 that wash out after 3-4 years. Look at Trent Richardson for a recent example at rb. 

Not going to get into the race aspect as I feel it is stupid. But I do think there is real merit to him being criminally underrated.

For those using the Reggie Bush argument, you do realize this is not the same NFL Bush entered.  The league has changed, and teams know how to use backs like him much better.  But even so, I think McCaffrey has a better all around skillset than Reggie Bush did.  He is a much better receiver, and could legitimately be drafted as a receiver and be highly successful in that role. 

McCaffrey is also a legitimate RB.  No, he isn't he power back that is going to run guys over, but he excels at finding space to squeeze through to get his yards.  He also has great vision and is very good at finding the hole.  And he is stout enough to run through arm tackles.  He's not one of those backs that falls down on first contact. If more people here had actually watched him, they would realize he is a legit RB, but is so dynamic that is best labeled as an "offensive weapon" rather than simply a RB. 

And in todays NFL it isn't about the number of carries you get, it's about the number of touches.  And McCaffrey should get as many offensive touches as any back in the draft.  Then when you add in his return ability, he is a game changer.  

Archived