• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My new Favorite Pick #8 & #40

Catufb85

Just now, Promethean Forerunner said:

Nope, check my history. I have a knack for identifying the busts and disappointments.

Dude, Fournette may not get past the 49ers. Don't entertain the idea.

fug that, let me dream.  I think he gets past the Niners.  After that, I'm worried about the Jags.  He gets past them, he's ours.  Unless some team randomly gets him.  

51 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

True, but Thomas could happen.  Now if he had said Garrett that is a different story.  I was just curious who you thought would be better.  Its easy to second guess other people.

You are correct since we are picking 8th its hard to just name one person but you could throw out three names and have a good chance of one being there.  Something like Fournette, Adams, and Howard in that order.  There is always the chance all three might be gone but nobody is going to hold you to it.

I'm genuinely not picky. I just think they're 5 or 6 blue chip players in this class and I want one of those. That doesn't include guys who are elite talents but may be devalued because of position, ala Howard, or guys who may have immense value specifically to us because of their skillset, like perhaps a John Ross.

Solomon Thomas is a fine player who does a lot of nice things. But he doesn't a have a true fit here and the moment you start saying things like "he's a fine player who does a lot of nice things" you've officially crossed over into sloppy seconds territory. I think he may very well be a good football player. But this isn't that game. Its the draft.

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

Oh well, we'll disagree on that. First, 8TDs? Who cares? He had 36 receptions. I'd rather have Butler and a TE this year than Henry and Watkins. Maybe we'll take a TE early enough to see where that takes us. I don't want to pay Short $17M per season, period. Tag him this year and let him go.

LOL so in your world catches are a better metric than TDs?

95084.jpg

People in the know would consider 8 TDs on 36 touches to be a phenomenal play maker.

Also yea great plan...have to draft the same positions every year because we refuse to sign our own home grown all pros...sounds legit. That way we are sure to not upgrade our OL, WR, S, etc.

Also you're talking about "we'd have to use a first on Henry" when all he did was score on 22% of his touches while we used a first on a back up who got 1 sack.....logic....

Archived