• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revisiting Jonathan Allen at 8th pick

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Agree to disagree .. 

Of course if you're a 4-3 team you don't get a OLB from a 3-4 and play him full time at DE..

That's why i said Pass Rushers instead specific OLB or DE's.. Pass Rusher can be a DT from the inside like Warren Sapp.. 

Pass Rushers in general will always provide more value than MLB..

If you have Jpep and Luke on the board .. You go Jpep everytime.. 

Jpep v Luke agree  go jpep. If both tier 1 pep wins. I don't remember but was there another jpep when we took Luke? Doubtful, so take tier one over a reach to a second tier

40 times for DL dont mean crap to me

But some other items stick out

Broad jump
That can help show explosion out the gate

Allen- 108
Thomas- 126

20 yard shuttle
Shows quickness and burst

Allen- 4.5
Thomas- 4.28

3 cone drill

Allen- 7.49
Thomas- 6.95

Bench- Power
I've always said this him day 1 this fall. Thomas has the best hands out of any DL im this draft. Suh has made a living off his punch and hand strength. Thomas has the same. Thomas's favorite hobby outside of football is boxing and it shows with his powerful punch

Allen- 21
Thomas- 30

4-3 DE its a no brainer your taking Thomas

Sent from my SM-T710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

If he were a DT, this post might make sense. He's a DE that can push inside on passing downs. Something we absolutely need. 

I don't even care if he is a DT in our defense. He's too talented to ignore. Passing on guys like that is what can set a franchise back. Again let me remind you that we had a pro bowl MLB when we drafted Kuechly.
Still, I think Allen will be gone along with Adams and Fournette. I predict we are choosing between Hooker and Thomas.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived