• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revisiting Jonathan Allen at 8th pick

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

College production and tape says different.. He is alot like Thomas and CJ.. Not a speed rusher but a bull rusher with violent hands.. Able to play inside and out..

You're correct. He's a better 34 fit. However, you do take him at 8 if he's there. I never said I didn't like him. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Miagi said:

You're correct. He's a better 34 fit. However, you do take him at 8 if he's there. I never said I didn't like him. 

No my problem was the not being a good pass rusher part.. He is a good pass rusher.  There are different ways to skin a cat or sack a QB..

56 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

DTs and LBs people. Get ready. Shula is the GOAT he will figure it out with undrafted players and old players on offense. Who needs speed or talent when you have Shula. :+)

Bringing in talent for Shula is like rearranging deck chairs on he titanic. Might as well go for a stout D.

11 minutes ago, Nails said:

The point here was that if Cooks is garnering a 1st from multiple teams for only one year of cheap salary at a non-premium position, there is most certainly a market for KK, a very attractive one at that.

And by all evidence of the last 20 years, you are most certainly wrong. If KK were as attractive a target as Cooks, you would here about it. If it makes sense, what player(nonQB) would you give up our first and pay 100M.

3 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Bringing in talent for Shula is like rearranging deck chairs on he titanic. Might as well go for a stout D.

Without talent Shula has no chance though. At least with more talent it might overcome his terrible play calling skills. Like run it up the middle over and over with LF might actually work from time to time. Two tight end sets with OJ Howard might actually produce good results. I am trying to be positive but truth is Shula should of been fired.

44 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

College production and tape says different.. He is alot like Thomas and CJ.. Not a speed rusher but a bull rusher with violent hands.. Able to play inside and out..

He had 4 edge rush sacks in that highlight. That's 4 more than Thomas for those counting

42 minutes ago, Mr. Miagi said:

Yes and he did that in COLLEGE by playing alongside multiple top NFL draft picks. 

I could give you 100 names of great college pass rushers whom done nothing or very little in the NFL. 

I like Allen. I wouldn't mind him at 8. But like I said everybody know that he's not a great pass rusher. Go ask Mayock and Jeremiah. 

Those same great players are around him when he's playing against the run... I don't get your point.

Mayock and Jeremiah would both say he's a very good pass rusher as well. That's like saying KK isn't a good pass rusher because he's surrounded by a good front 7

23 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And by all evidence of the last 20 years, you are most certainly wrong. If KK were as attractive a target as Cooks, you would here about it. If it makes sense, what player(nonQB) would you give up our first and pay 100M.

Corey Williams was a DT that was tagged and traded.  Jared Allen, Matt Cassell, and maybe others as well.  Again, the number of tagged players period is small so the confluence of factors needed for everything to fall into place are many, but it does happen, and will happen again.

You don't "hear" about it as much as Cooks because the Cooks trade sounds imminent, the combine is in full swing, and FA hasn't started yet.

I wouldn't pay KK 100m period based on who the Panthers have (Butler, Star, etc.) but the Colts very well might.  They could assure him for less than he will likely (unless he totally sucks all of 2017 like he did early 2016) get on the open market next year.

Archived