• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revisiting Jonathan Allen at 8th pick

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, bobsfoodbasics said:

definitely don't need a RB in the top 10. this draft is very deep at that position.

hopefully gettleman agrees and goes DL or OL in round 1. a great RB with a poor OL is useless.

hopefully garett bolles falls to 8. if not then any of the DL prospects are fine with me.

Bolles will be there.. But i wouldn't pick him that high it's a reach..

I don't see a OT picked in the top 10 this year..

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

I don't think he will trade the best Dlinemen he has unless he is getting a early 1st and 2nd. .

Unless Short's agent can get a deal north of 17 mil a year..He will be here for this year and until Veron proves he ready to take his spot..

The Colts at 15 can be that team IMHO.  Seems too good to be true, but realistic at the same time.

I don't think Fournette is a lock if Allen or Thomas is on the board. There are compelling arguments for either player. People who are just assuming Fournette will be the pick just because he's on the board are setting themselves up for disappointment. I'd suggest keeping an open mind about the draft in general.

No doubt. There are too many variables. Adams could slip or god knows who. We have to trust in the Gettleman plan.

Sent from my SM-G610F using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 minute ago, Nails said:

I understand that, but no team would be crazy enough to trade a 1st for only one year of cheap salary, they'd inevitably want to lock Cooks up long term.  DJax may get $12 APY at age 30, what will Cooks get?  

Considering positional value AND salary considering Cooks cheap one is only this year, no sane way KK doesn't have more value.

Why would someone want to lock him up long-term, and waste two years of cheaper control while you evaluate him for yourself. That makes no sense. A team has to make a 100M commitment to KK. Think they are giving up a first for the privilege to do that? 

Just now, WOW!! said:

It would take their 15 and their 2nd round pick to get Short in my opinion..

They can and maybe should.  I'd even throw in a day 3 pick to make them happy and help their much needed depth.  Done.

Just now, Toomers said:

Why would someone want to lock him up long-term, and waste two years of cheaper control while you evaluate him for yourself. That makes no sense. A team has to make a 100M commitment to KK. Think they are giving up a first for the privilege to do that? 

Are they going to get a KK at 15?  Of course not.  A team with an immediate need and the means to do it like the Colts may consider since the tag itself this year is cheaper than his APY will be after this year and the cap is expected to rise.  If they lock him up NOW, bring him home, and don't have to deal with an open market, absolutely that's worth a 1st in their predicament.

If we draft Allen, I'll hate the Butler pick from last year even more, which I didn't think was possible. Another big body interior Dlineman. Allen doesn't have the speed to challenge an OT off the edge. You can't get away with a predictable bull rush every play in the NFL. He'd end up playing inside after 3 games 

2 minutes ago, OldNorthPowell said:

DTs and LBs people. Get ready. Shula is the GOAT he will figure it out with undrafted players and old players on offense. Who needs speed or talent when you have Shula. :+)

Top rated offense when Oline was healthy ..and the top targets included Ginn Cotherty and Brown...

We lost game early in the year because we stop anybody...

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Top rated offense when Oline was healthy ..and the top targets included Ginn Cotherty and Brown...

We lost game early in the year because we stop anybody...

To each their own. Honestly I believe the league has figured out Shula and he has no answer for it. I was calling out his plays last season before he even called them. What do you think D-Coordinators are thinking? Lack of talent around Cam has been a major problem. We shall see though.

Also, it is hard to stop a team when your defense is constantly on the field because the offense could not move the ball enough.

Archived