• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revisiting Jonathan Allen at 8th pick

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, SJTG4 said:

and if Leonard is still on the board? I just have a HUGE issue not going offense in top 10 if the playmakers are there

Don't you know that all the players will be taken by our pick? ;)

If Allen improved our pass rush, and helped to put an attitude in our defense, I'm cool with that.

This is still a very deep draft for RBs, WRs and TEs.

14 minutes ago, SJTG4 said:

and if Leonard is still on the board? I just have a HUGE issue not going offense in top 10 if the playmakers are there

I wouldn't.

You do realize Allen is really good right? 2nd best player behind Garrett imho from the draft.

3 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Another DT in the first? Sure why not. Gettleman hell just triple dip on Safteys and DLine and draft an RB in round 7 wouldn't suprise me in the fuging slightest 

If he were a DT, this post might make sense. He's a DE that can push inside on passing downs. Something we absolutely need. 

50 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If he does, it will be the quickest selection in Gettleman history.

Naw, I think he'll take the full ten minutes and savor each sweet second knowing that he's going to get Allen at number eight.

Anyone who thinks that Fournette and a second round DE would help this team more than Allen and a second round RB needs to go watch the LSU/Alabama games again and see which player shined.

Will be interesting to see what rankings indicate post Combine.  Most team boards will change a little, but all the draft sites will change a lot as will Huddle opinions.

Allen as the measurables to be a 34 DE.  Not sure how quick he is for the outside pass rush in the 43 however.  We will see.

Archived