• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Logan Review

Jeremy Igo

Definitely worth seeing in a theater. As good as Deadpool albeit much different tone. Better than all X-Men movies. 

Only Superhero movie I can think of that is better is The Dark Knight. 

Parental warning: Extreme graphic violence, f bombs, 1 set of naked bewbs. 

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Definitely worth seeing in a theater. As good as Deadpool albeit much different tone. Better than all X-Men movies. 

Only Superhero movie I can think of that is better is The Dark Knight. 

Parental warning: Extreme graphic violence, f bombs, 1 set of naked bewbs. 

Would I be able to follow it if I've never seen the Wolverine films?

The f-bombs by professor x seemed a bit forced when he is first seen.

I think the movie kinda addresses the whole children watching the movie in a scene , Logan is cussing up a storm and Charles is like not in front of the child and he breaks it down like there is people getting guts ripped out and heads cut off and you want to worry about some dirty words.  

For sure though probably not for small children. 

Very good movie. I'd like to see it again to see if it's better than my first impression.

The little girl, Laura, is incredible. When I saw the previews I was a little weary of this little girl being mini-Wolverine, but holy crap, when she started fighting it was like a miniature Wolverine/Bruce Lee Hybrid and I couldn't help but laugh with excitement. Great little actress too; she said so much just by the looks she gave. Hugh Jackman gave an incredible performance as well. I find it hard to believe they'll be six or seven better acting performances this year, and I wouldn't be shocked if he's nominated for an Academy Award.

spoilers

The story was a little frustrating in how formulaic it was:  run from bad guys, bad guys catch up, fight bad guys, run from bad guys, bad guys catch up, fight bad guys etc.

When that family took them in for the night, was there any doubt the family was doomed? I was just counting the minutes until it happened.

X24 was a cool surprise. It was shocking how unceremoniously he offed the Professor. The look Wolverine and X24 exchanged at the bottom of the stair well was epic.

Overall I'd give the film a very solid 8/10 on first viewing. I have a feeling I might appreciate it more a second time. It did kind of leave me wanting more though....more fight scenes for Laura (there are 2 iirc), more of the kids using their powers, less predictable plot.

All in all, this is how a comic book movie handles "serious". Take notes Zack Snyder. You don't need pouring rain every other shot. You don't have to make your heros insufferable tools to be taken serious. Logan isn't a "good guy", he's broken and very human in a way. I dare you not to get a little misty when Laura turned the cross into an X. Great ending imo. If only every X-men movie were done this well.

Archived