• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fournette runs a 4.51 and 4.52

Jeremy Igo

Not impossible the saints are interested in their local boy. Also they could steal from division rivals denying us LF if they traded with Jets who will want extra picks. If they also trade Cooks for an extra 1st rounder and pick up Alshon Jeffrey they would be sitting pretty to disrupt our draft plans and give Brees his last chance at a  superb owl.

Unlikely but a lot can change. I'm still happy picking at #8.

53 minutes ago, SeoulPanther said:

Not impossible the saints are interested in their local boy. Also they could steal from division rivals denying us LF if they traded with Jets who will want extra picks. If they also trade Cooks for an extra 1st rounder and pick up Alshon Jeffrey they would be sitting pretty to disrupt our draft plans and give Brees his last chance at a  superb owl.

Unlikely but a lot can change. I'm still happy picking at #8.

Not impossible?  It's literally a disease in Louisiana-the fear of Fournette to the Panthers.  No doubt they'd love to stop it, even if it's not best for their own team.

10 minutes ago, Steve_Smith_Sr. said:

I would not be a bit disappointed with McCaffery.  I could see him causing all sorts of problems with the hands he has.  Maybe even turn him into an Edelman type, dare I say it - receiver?????

Quick, great hands, and tough.  

With Shula upstairs it would be better if McCaffery were drafted to the Browns.  A multi tool like that needs an innovator or at least a person with average level imagination.  New England would be a match made in heaven.  Hell the Chargers would be a good place.

In this offense it would be like trying to thread a needle while wearing boxing gloves.

16 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Not with Shula as our OC..

Smitty said it right..

If he doesn't go to a inovative OC it's a waste..

Well if we don't go to a more traditional "I" Formation.  Fournette isn't going to do well either.

Read option doesn't give him those couple extra steps to build up speed before he hits the line.

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Well if we don't go to a more traditional "I" Formation.  Fournette isn't going to do well either.

Read option doesn't give him those couple extra steps to build up speed before he hits the line.

If he gets 20 to 25 carries he'll make up for Shula bland playcalling..

7 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

If he gets 20 to 25 carries he'll make up for Shula bland playcalling..

It won't matter in the read option. It was novel in 2011 and 12.  Now it is a waste of a play for the most part.  Every once in a while a defender misses an assignment and we get a big gain.

Read Option should not be a staple of our offense  It should be an Option just to keep them honest.

12 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It won't matter in the read option. It was novel in 2011 and 12.  Now it is a waste of a play for the most part.  Every once in a while a defender misses an assignment and we get a big gain.

Read Option should not be a staple of our offense  It should be an Option just to keep them honest.

Agree to disagree..

LF is talented enough of a RB to shine in any system with enough carries..

He can run with head start (like normal sets) I, near, weak and strong..

He can also run from a dead stop like shotguns, draws, and the read options..

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Agree to disagree..

LF is talented enough of a RB to shine in any system with enough carries..

He can run with head start (like normal sets) I, near, weak and strong..

He can also run from a dead stop like shotguns, draws, and the read options..

All this. His problem was playing with awful QB play his entire time at LSU. No RB is going to succeed running into 8-9 man fronts, with no threat of running or passing from the QB.

Archived