• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fournette runs a 4.51 and 4.52

Jeremy Igo

Adam Caplan just tweeted that at least 5 teams so far clocked Fournette at 4.46-4.48. Oh boy that will make things interesting going forward. 

Give me give me.
Hope he comes close enough to us that we dont have to trade much if not anything.
Shula like smash mouth football. This kid is about as good a fit for our offense as any 1 player, in a power run system. Plus our staff has stated they want the RBs carrying the ball more to take less hits on Cam. LF is a no brainer

Sent from my SM-T710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Agree to disagree.

1. It happens alot actually.. Alfred Morris, Thomas Rawls, Arian Foster

Hell David Johnson was a 3rd round pick..

2. You need to look up Barnett's college stats before you say "more proven" than him..

3. Also look up trade value and what it would cost to move up.. if it takes us out of getting 4 plsyers in the top 100 than its to much.  

4. If we build up the Oline in FA (like the plan seems to be)  a 2nd 3rd or 4th round RB matched with Stew will be good..

While it's true you can find a gem at any position in any round or even in undfrafted free agents, it's not wise to pass on a stud and hope you get lucky later. That's how you end up with guys like Cameron Artis Payne. 

2 hours ago, gorillamilitia13 said:

Regarded as the best rb prospect since AP by many, is the definiton of a Panthers running back. Imagine how much Cam would benefit from Fournette and Stew splitting carries. Thats what he needs to repeat his 2015 performance. Ron really wants our offense to evolve, drafting Fournette is how you do it.

If he's there at 8, and the brass like him more than one of the elite pass rushers in this draft, it's a no brainer. 

To trade up for? 

Leave that sauce alone.

Was just going to say this, if Fournette is gone someone else that can help us will be sitting there. 

True Adams could fall and be good.

But the thing that stands out the past 2seasons. Cam is our QB but our offense goes with how the run games goes. Our close game vs the Giants in 15, Stewart was out. Superbowl Stewart got knicked up and there went our offense. Edge rusher had a field day.

6pm sportcenter just said the league better hope the Panthers dont get him. Pairing him with stewart running the ball along with Cam at QB. Said teams will have to hope they have a bye week following us if not will need monday off

54 minutes ago, panther4life said:

While it's true you can find a gem at any position in any round or even in undfrafted free agents, it's not wise to pass on a stud and hope you get lucky later. That's how you end up with guys like Cameron Artis Payne. 

Studs are all over this draft... No need to trade picks to get one..

This is the deepest RB draft in a few years.. No need to trade up or panic that you don't get the best 1..

41 minutes ago, ncfan said:

True Adams could fall and be good.

But the thing that stands out the past 2seasons. Cam is our QB but our offense goes with how the run games goes. Our close game vs the Giants in 15, Stewart was out. Superbowl Stewart got knicked up and there went our offense. Edge rusher had a field day.

6pm sportcenter just said the league better hope the Panthers dont get him. Pairing him with stewart running the ball along with Cam at QB. Said teams will have to hope they have a bye week following us if not will need monday off

A better and healthier  Oline will help Cam and the run game...

5 hours ago, Growl said:

He put on weight to sabotage himself. He wants to come here.

Exactly what I'm thinking.  We got cats out there who cited his top speed being a little faster than Ted Ginn.  Plus we all know his playing weight is around 230.  This man knows what he is doing, and he wants to slide on draft night.

Archived