• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fournette runs a 4.51 and 4.52

Jeremy Igo

I think I'm getting convinced McCaffrey isn't just a RB . A team like the  Patriots or the Eagles could make teams pay with him in space . Agreed he'd be wasted here with our coaching staff unless Lance Taylor is whispering in his ear the whole time. 

Fournette is who he is.  A Mack Truck who punishes anyone who gets in his way.  Some folks look for signs of greatness in the underwear Olympics.  I saw him in person and have watched him on TV.  He adds wins to us the day he gets drafted. Cook is a run of the mill RB who hangs out with Thugs.  He will never wear a Panther uniform.

14 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

McCaffrey will be fun to watch as a Panther, just until every play is called back for holding or the entire thing just breaks down completely.

Draft a shifty back when Shula isn't here. Doing it now would be a huge waste.

It will also be fun to hear the crowd yelling "LUUUUUUUUUKE" every time he touches the ball.

BOA crowd is easily confused.

For those of you who think LF will go top 5, you need to remember that the rb position has evolved. Teams want a guy who can not only run but who can catch the ball as well. Not saying LF can't catch, but it's not really his game. Wouldn't be surprised if he's there at #8.

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

Then we can get an elite safety or DE???

While I would love to see Fournette in a Panther uniform, if he doesn't slide, then I'd be happy picking many of the other players.  He just makes so much sense for us, it's almost like we're starting to have a relationship with him before we even talk to him.  That break up will be terrible for me!

No... all players will be gone by #8. We will get nobody!!! Thanks Gettledouche!

23 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
newton_david_m.jpg&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David Newton ESPN Staff Writer 

Some Jonathan Stewart combine numbers when the Panthers made him the 13th pick of the 2008 draft: 40-yard dash (4.46), vertical jump (36.5 inches). 2017 RB prospects the Panthers might consider at No. 8: Leonard Fournette: 40 (4.51), vertical (28.5) Dalvin Cook: 40 (4.50), vertical (30.5) Christian McCaffeey: 40 (4.49), vertical (37.5)

Damn I didn't know Stew had hops like that!

I'm more worried about Fournette's vertical at 240 honestly. Now before people jump on my ass about that let me explain. Vertical is indicative of both explosion and work ethic. Now, given, some of it is natural athleticism, but an athletic phenom like Fournette shouldn't have an issue breaking 30 inches in the vert. He is fast though, no doubt. But when he gets to the NFL and has to be put in a pro workout regimen and hit the field with the big boys, he is a guy I would be afraid would pull a hammy in the first practice and be out 3 weeks because he hasn't worked on his explosion in the weight room.

Archived